Linkert settings

Linkert related issues
razzle51
Inactive member

Linkert settings

Post by razzle51 »

i am getting close on my carb settings,but have this fear of getting too lean.i found that i can toss the mannual as far as 5 turns out on the low speed goes. i have it at 2 turns out and it is still too rich, wants to load up till i get out and clean the crap out at about 60. then if i keep pretty much a steady speed and get to a town and go through town it really starts to load-up. right now my plugs are a little too light for me so i am getting a little nervous. all advice is appreciated. thanks
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: linkert

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Razzle
The needle adjustments on the Linkert will only work if EVERYTHING else is working correctly before you begin dialing it in.

A float that is allowing too much fuel in the bowl will make them load up quicker than a bad setting of the low speed needle, make sure your float is set correctly and the needle and seat are functioning as they should.

And then there is ALWAYS the chance you have a manifold leak, have you pressure tested it??

mike
razzle51
Inactive member

Post by razzle51 »

yes float is correct and no, no manifold leak
NightShift
Bikes: Two Schwinns, a Hercules, and a Hiawatha

Post by NightShift »

Dear Razzle51,

Spark plugs always run lean on corn gas so just put the needles where the motor runs best. Hope you washed the soap off good after the manifold test.

'Spectful,
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

That soap can really itch...Mike

Return to “Linkert”