Linkert C-12

Linkert related issues
suicideshovel65
Bikes: 37 U
Multiple K models

Linkert C-12

Post by suicideshovel65 »

HI Guys,

Anyone know what this carb was used for? Kinda looks like what the original version of an S&S L might have.

Cheers,

Simon
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: Linkert C-12

Post by Cotten »

The last Linkerts were the DC series, of which 7's were for Sportsters (~'64 through '66, if memory serves) and 12's were for '66 Big Twins.
suicideshovel65
Bikes: 37 U
Multiple K models

Post by suicideshovel65 »

Thanks Cotten. This carb is stamped C-12, however from the photo it is difficult to tell where on the body.
Would this carb be viable for usage on a '49 engine, and would it bolt to a standard '49 manifold?
Would it offer performance improvements (albeit period) over the M-74?
If the carb is dirt cheap and in good condition, would it be worth having until a good M-74 or the earlier model for '48-'49 appeared?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Cheers,

Simon
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Simon!

No, it will not bolt up directly. You would need a manifold adapter. And your throttle linkage would require a massage. And the plumbing is all rubber.
It is a fine design, and there is some performance gain with the DC I sure, but since I have only installed them on '66 Chubbles, my judgement is subjective.
Any cheap old piece of Harley hardware is worth acquisition, but finding your correct M-36 in the first place would prevent spending your money twice.

...Cotten

Return to “Linkert”