Durable float

Linkert related issues
chuck 56 pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH, 1969 FL, 2014 RoadKing

Durable float

Post by chuck 56 pan »

I have mine installed, I did not use any type of thread lock on the nut for fear of the gas eating what ever I put on it. not sure that was wise or not, what are you suposed to use? Another question for you, My bike does not rev to well with the dist in full retard, it likes to skip and sputter. Idles ok in full retard but does not like any throttle. Would this be normal or not? Im looking for a good front lifter block with the taper head screws to replace the one I have now, it does not have tapered holes like my rear unit, anyone got a lead where to get one? Thanks in advance!
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: Durable float

Post by Cotten »

Chuck!

The screw itself is unlikely to loosen, but the float can come loose nonetheless.
Did you follow the label directions for compression of the foam?

I use an isocyanate urethane to lock the lever to the float, but Pliobond is an adhesive that seems to resist fuels as well. JBWeld will work too, but must be cured for a few weeks to assure fuel resistance.

It should not be surprising that the motor will not run well while retarded.
Usually, they will backfire when given throttle.
That thing with the points is not a distributor.

....Cotten
1964FLDUO
Inactive member
Bikes: 1964 FL Duo Glide

Post by 1964FLDUO »

Why do you want to run it in full retard?
chuck 56 pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH, 1969 FL, 2014 RoadKing

Post by chuck 56 pan »

Cotten, that word carries over from our automotive vocab. I will refer to it as a timmer from now on. I dont run my engine in the retard position, just something I noticed while messing around getting to know my bike. Yes, I did follow your instructions with the float, and thank you for making such a nice product, I had read in my repair manual about having to remove the factory glue used to lock the float nut and screw inorder to change the float, got me to thinking the screw may come loose if not locked.

Return to “Linkert”