Buco saddlebags

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
charles
Inactive member

Buco saddlebags

Post by charles »

Hi guys, charles, I live in France, and it's the first time that I post a message. I have a Hydra of 1951. Sorry for my bad american.
My question, I seek buco leather saddlebags, I've see it on e-bay many weeks now, but very, very expensive, not for me. I see, always on e-bay a enterprise make some replica, but I don't know
the co-ordonnates. If someone know and can give me an address or internet site. It will be Kool.
Thanks.
Charles.
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: Buco saddlebags

Post by Cotten »

Charles!

Buco made a variety of leather saddlebags, for many years. Can you tell us what form and style you desire?
There are many saddlemakers who will authentically cut and sew to your order, and I can email photographs of pairs in my collection for reference.
Repairable original sets show up at swapmeets occasionally in the $250 range, but the interest in vintage aftermarket is growing fast.

...Cotten
charles
Inactive member

Post by charles »

Hi Cotten,
I will prefer saddlebags of origin and with restorer but not much of swapmeet in France. Difficult to describe with my bad American, but they are in photograph in the file photo of panhead, on page nr°3, on a FL 1950.
Cotten

Post by Cotten »

Charles!
I have a similar set installed upon my Chief.
The fringe is very delicate after hardening for decades. Many sets I encounter have had it removed. The leather is top quality.
My set no longer has the toggle fasteners.

....Cotten
charles
Inactive member

Post by charles »

Hi Cotten,
And your set is for sale???
Charles.
Cotten

Post by Cotten »

Charles!

I do not sell my used parts, although I occasionally make trades.
My best pairs were aquired twenty-five years ago, so are now quite dear to me.
For accurate reproductions, you might try http://worshamcastle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or Heather's Leathers.

Good luck,

....Cotten
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Post by panz4ever »

Charles and Cotten...Worshamcastle is the absolute best there is out there. The owner's name is Michael Paquette and believe me nobody does it better. I have a 49 EL I am restoring. It came with a set of stock mid 50s bag that were absolutely trashed (I thought). He uses a process that he developed that takes old leather that is as stiff as cardboard and makes it look and feel like new. They were returned and look like new old stock in my opinion.
I also sent him a seat that my pop gave me some 35 years ago. The leather was completely trashed, but what made it special was that it was dads and that it had almost all the original glass jewels and nickel spots on the skirt along with the red and white fringe. Since I am going to burgundy on the paint I asked that he change the red to burgundy but keep the white. He made an entire new seat skirt, cleaned and polished the glass and brass, made a new seat cover that looks factory (he only follows factory specs on stitching and riveting), cleaned and painted the seat pan and shipped it back. As a special tribute to my pop he tooled his name on the back of the skirt. When the pan is done the seat will set the bike apart from other old pans.
I have never posted a pic but I will try and post one so that folks can see quality. He is a true artist and craftsman. And in todays commercial world he is a dying breed.
charles
Inactive member

Post by charles »

Yes, I see his webserver. Ouh!!! Very good work. Thanks for the address. Now, it will be cool that I found old buco saddlebags and restore it by Michael. I hope that everybody realise the chance to found everything in US. Really, I was not born on the good side of the Atlantic.
Thanks for your answers.
Charles.
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Post by panz4ever »

these are three pics i took of the seat that michael did for me. I think the pics speak for themselves

Return to “Accessories”