Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Dave Beck
Inactive member
Bikes: 1962 panhead
2011 streetglide

franks regulator hook up

Post by Dave Beck »

Need some advice again guys. My generator has the Franks regulator setup and it was working well (I think) when I got the bike. I was not hooked up to a generator light and that is what I need to know how to do. I felt like it was working well as the lights became brighter when rpm was increased. I am going through a total restoration so I have had it completely apart. I know I am supposed to flash the generator when I get ready to hook it up. The wires from the regulator are colored black (goes to the battery) green (field) and red (aramture) I think I should go from the armature post to the generator light?

Any help and guidance greatly appreciated.
Dave
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: franks regulator hook up

Post by 58flh »

Dave I am assuming you have a 12V set-up!---Yes wire it from the Terminal on the regulator that coresponds to the A terminal on the genny.Im using my 12V set-up as example, I am running a Bosch regulator.--If you are running a stock 3-brush 6V set-up ,just check out the wire diagrams in the Electrical section of knowledge-Base!--Hope this helps.----Richie
Dave Beck
Inactive member
Bikes: 1962 panhead
2011 streetglide

Re: franks regulator hook up

Post by Dave Beck »

That is exactely what I needed to know. Yes I am using a 12 volt system, sorry I forgot to mention that. Appreciate the help.
Dave

Return to “Electrical”