59/60 neutral light

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
panhead55
Inactive member

59/60 neutral light

Post by panhead55 »

can someone tell me where the wires go to connect the neutral lamp on the 59/60 turquoise jewel? thanks, billy
59pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: 59/60 neutral light

Post by 59pan »

I would have to go look at my manual but I think one lead goes to your neutral switch on the transmission (ground when in neutral) and the other to any 12 volt source. Ron
Perry Ruiter
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: ?

Post by Perry Ruiter »

panhead55 wrote:can someone tell me where the wires go to connect the neutral lamp on the 59/60 turquoise jewel? thanks, billy
59pan wrote:I would have to go look at my manual but I think one lead goes to your neutral switch on the transmission (ground when in neutral) and the other to any 12 volt source. Ron
Ron's got it right. The neutral light was an additional socket in the upper left of the 59-61 dash bases (let me know if you want a photo). This is a two wire socket. The wire out the "side" goes to the hot terminal on the upper right of the dash base. The wire out the bottom runs directly to the switch on the trans' lid. When you're in neutral the wire goes to ground and the light turns on ... Perry
VT

Post by VT »

59/60 turquoise jewel
Anyone have a source for the dash jewel? V-Twin finally discontinued the one they listed for years. I don't believe it was ever in stock.

Return to “Electrical”