Batteries - Again - want a ventless

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
thsmith

Batteries - Again - want a ventless

Post by thsmith »

I have the standard small chopper battery 12v in my 49, located in a battery box inside the oil tank.

Does anyone know of a ventless 12 volt battery that I can put in the same location.

Current battery is a Cycle Tron 12n5.5A-3B
4.5 inches tall
4 inches wide
3.75 inches deep

Thanks,

Tracy
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

thsmith
I am using a AGM (advansed glass mat) , you can mount them every way but upside down.I got mine from Beiter Battery,www.beiterbattery.com. its mod. # ETX9, 10 amp , 120 cold cranking amps and it was $ 66.71 with tax and shipping. You can go to there web sight and check them out . There are others, some more exspenseive, but glass mat seems to be the ticket.Check out the other sight , there are alot of posts about batterys. I'll see if I can get a photo posted of mine in the tank.
RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Try here....

Post by RussW »

MK is supposed to be one of the best brands http://www.batterystuff.com/categories. ... ty_12_volt
No Rush

Battery..

Post by No Rush »

I use a UPS battery. It's for a computer backup power supply. Google "UPS batteries" and you will find a large number of suppliers. They take some modification of the connections but for $18.00, they are ventless. I've been using one in a Pan rigid for 3 years and it works fine. Find a supplier that gives the dimensions and the power rating...
thsmith

Post by thsmith »

Thanks to all who responded.

I found this at batterystuff.com as referenced by RussW. Model: 12 Volt 5 Amp Hour Battery ES12-5 looks like it will fit.

How do you deal with those connectors ?

Thanks,

Tracy
1950bobber

Battery that will work for you!

Post by 1950bobber »

Tracy....here's a ventless that will work: INTERSTATE BATTERIES, Cycle-Tron YTX5L-BS and it measures 4.25" long X 4.25" high X 2.5" deep. That should do 'ya!
Jim 1950 Bobber
RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Post by RussW »

I use the MK batteries, 6 volt, with the spade connectors. Just use the appropriate end to fit the spade on the battery, then I cover it with the "liquid electrical tape" goop, let it dry, and it keeps the connection together and waterproof.
thsmith

Post by thsmith »

I think I have the info I need now, thank you to all for your input. Once again this site is the best.

Tracy

Return to “Electrical”