LED taillight/signal bulbs

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
dj

LED taillight/signal bulbs

Post by dj »

Has anybody ever yet tried LED bulbs for the taillight, or turn signals? They naturally come in 12v only, as far as I know, and they are much brighter, impervious to vibration, have a significantly lower power draw and cooler than conventional, and last a lot lot longer.
Seems like a vast improvement. When I get this scoot on the road in a month or so, I'm going to try them. Hmmm....might go good in a set of bullets if you could find them in that size.
They can supposedly be had at the nearest auto supply store, although I have not shopped for them "in the real world" yet.

LED bulbs.....cool idea!~~~~~~~
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/

Martha, what will they think of next?
Fast Ed 53
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: LED taillight/signal bulbs

Post by Fast Ed 53 »

DJ, I'm running a LED taillight on my scoot, I live on a fairly busy highway and have to turn left when I come home in the evening across traffic. I dont have to tell you what thats like. Since running the LED I have not had 1 close call, I tap the brake lite a couple of time's wave the arm and watch the mirror . Definitely get's there attention, and well worth it. Fog Hollow was selling these at a swap meet this winter. Ed

Who's Martha ?
haggis
Bikes: *

Post by haggis »

DJ,
I got the Catseye tail lamp , plus i picked up a set of clear LED lamps in a bar shape,( these turn Red when on.) Which I installed on the end of the rear fender.
Were from Autozone. ( $12)..the type the "fast and the Furious " boys are using on their cars, you could make them pulse l to r etc. Did some internal rewiring so they all come on at once. Also installed a pulsing unit in the brake lamp line..so when you stand on the brake it flashes the rear end 3 times then stays on solid for about 10 secs then flashes and so on. It certainly gets a drivers attention! Plus you can see that rear end from a long way off! Haggis
dj

Post by dj »

Who's Martha ?
Ed,
It's an expression to signify I've been living in the 19th or 20th century, and didn't even know these newfangled LED lights existed.

Yup, I'm sold. I've seen the bar shaped ones also, and the miniature oval ones for running lights and such.

Return to “Electrical”