Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
fatfatboy
Bikes: '03 Fatboy
'14 Slim
'60 FLH
86 XT 350

Carb question

Post by fatfatboy »

I'm in the process of putting an abandoned '60 Panhead back together and I got the motor back together and am trying to decide what carb is best.
The motor has STD heads and the pistons are 20 over. In the boxes of goodies I got two carbs, one Keihin and one Zenith.

I've been trying to figure out what models I have and havent had much luck. The Keihin has AMF Harley-Davidson stamped on the side and there is a red sticker that has 27494-81 on top along with a silver sticker that has -0374.

The Zenith appears to be new and a box came with the bike that says Zenith 16P12 but the Keihin carb was in the box.

I'm assuming the Zenith was going to be used to replace the Keihen but I'm not 100% sure the Keihin was on the bike. Before the motor was taken apart it had stock Pan heads but I did not get them with the basket of parts and I don't know what carb was on the bike.

Can any body tell me what model the Keihin is or point me in the right direction and which carb would be the best to run on this motor?

Thank you all for your help and Merry Christmas to you all.
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: Carb question

Post by fourthgear »

Well I don't think any of those you mentioned were OEM on your bike , but of course you knew that .
Both carbs will work if they are in good working condition , but I would just get a CV40 & put on there , you will find the CV 40 to be a super carb on a Pan , when set up right .
I have CV's on both of mine.
I would prefer the Zenith over the Keihin ,but you can get them both to work with some tender loving care.

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”