Mikuni jet size?

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Jazzy Pappy
Inactive member
Bikes: 65 Pan, 51 45, 05 Deuce pro street

Mikuni jet size?

Post by Jazzy Pappy »

Howdy everybody. Wanting to replace S&S B carb with a Mikuni. I've been running a 32mm on my 45 for years with no problem so I wanna try one on my panhead. What I hear a 40 or 42mm will work on my 65 pan. I'm wondering what jet size to try for a stock motor with fish tails
they are not baffled but I am. PS Any credible sources for this carb would also be appreciated.
Thanks Jazzy Pappy
oldbob
Bikes: 1948 UL

Re: Mikuni jet size?

Post by oldbob »

Jazzy

You did not say whay kind of mikuni . I know very little about the flat side and newer carbs. In the 70's I run a 38mm VM mikuni on my pan and it run pertty good. With the VM I know that going bigger then a 38mm will make it much harder to get the jetting tuned in on a 74 CI motor. I put a 38 VM on my UL . I bought a 38 VM off ebay and after jetting it came in under $50. There are 4 jets and a jet needle that have to be the right size and then adjusted to your motor. Victory Library has a very good book on tuneing the VM . I am sure there are places that would be more than happy to sell you a brand new Mikuni jetted for you motor size and exhaust.

Robert
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: Mikuni jet size?

Post by mbskeam »

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”