Midwestern USA fuel warning

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Cotten
Bikes: -

Midwestern USA fuel warning

Post by Cotten »

Just a "heads up":

Hmmmn...my grasstrimmer's fuel line swelled and split before I could get half the yard done...an omen?

And today, a local with a warhorse chubble with history walks in with something that looked like fresh pig's liver. (pic attached).

It was the RED tank sealer that was a minimum of six years old, probably older, that had turned into sillyputty.
(Yes, he only used quality brandname fuels, which is limited to Shell and Phillips hereabouts.)

I probably have preached on this forum against other kinds of sealer, preferring the red ones like RedCote, Randolph's, and whatever the radiator shops used that worked so much better. Until now.

At risk of being a stormcrow, those of you in the USA (at least) with tank sealers installed,...Beware!
Attachments
yummy!
yummy!
TANKLIVR.jpg (56.32 KiB) Viewed 903 times
Ohio-Rider
Bikes: *

Post by Ohio-Rider »

Cotten- I agree that something is strange about the gasoline in this country lately. Last summer I sealed the tanks on my 56 Pan with KREEM which in the past has work well on other projects with out any problems. A few weeks ago I rolled her out for the first time this year and filled her up and now the leaks have returned and I can see WHITE GOOP ozzing out along with the fuel. Looks like it's time for new tanks for meAnyone using this sealer BEWARE.
Last edited by Ohio-Rider on Mon May 02, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigMike
Bikes: 01 FLHPI
64 FLH
Various partials....

Post by BigMike »

eeewwwww, that shit looks like a bull's scrote!

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”