NO2 power

have any of you mad buggers out there ever decided to give your Pan a taste?[

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
haggis
Bikes: *

NO2 power

Post by haggis »

Alright...I know we have all taken a whiff now and then...but have any of you mad buggers out there ever decided to give your Pan a taste? Haggis.
57stroker
Inactive member
Bikes: '57

Re: NO2 power

Post by 57stroker »

Are you talking about nitrous oxide?
haggis

Post by haggis »

57 Stroker,
Yes my friend I was .......and just noticed I called it NO2,
Which would be Nitrous Dioxide....which does God know what! ( gotta leave that bottle alone) Haggis
57stroker
Inactive member
Bikes: '57

Post by 57stroker »

I have thought about it. One of my sons sells nitrous systems and refills bottles. I don't think I would do it to the Pan. The stock intake setup on the Pan is too weak to handle it. If you ever seen what happens when a nitrous system "pops" you know what I mean. That long intake manifold on the Pan would become an explosive device charged with nitrous and gasoline! If you are running STD heads with a Shovelhead intake setup, it would be a lot better. Even with that, there is quite a bit to it. You need an electric fuel pump and the tank, selenoids, plumbing, switches, etc. It would best to buy a kit as it would be tough to piece together. I have an '82 Sportster I'm rebuilding right now. Maybe when I get it running again, I might try it on it....
oldironman
Inactive member
Bikes: 58 Pan, 66 FLH

Post by oldironman »

I'm thinking about adding nitrous to my 58 pan too, but I'm still in the building stage. I allready have the STD duel plug heads,(no valve train in them yet), with the shovel manifold. My lower end is still in pieces waiting to be rebuilt. What should I be putting in the motor that will make it like the nitrous better..? Is this going to kill my reliability and turn it into a maintenance nightmare ??? Who sells the kits?
When ever I mentioned running nitrous to my friends they look at me like I've lost my mind. (so what if I have?)
dirtydistrict
Bikes: 2010 road king at the moment. Won't last long

Post by dirtydistrict »

Running NOS in a stock or just slightly modified panhead is like riding a grenade, you won't have to wait a lot to see your engine spreading away, this is TEXT stuff guys !

Ital don't works; so
TEXT means dragster ;)
BigMike
Bikes: 01 FLHPI
64 FLH
Various partials....

Post by BigMike »

Had NOS on a '70 shovel a few years back, it was fun while it lasted. Since they will never build another Panhead with a 4 digit serial number, Mine will be stock or close to it. Don't want to end up like the guy who claims to have the hatchett that Geo. Washington used to cut down the cherry tree..... "the handle has been replaced over the years a few times, and the head twice."
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I think that would be a great way to spread your pan all over the highway! Kinda like spreading your old lady's ashes! Let us know what goes first-top or bottom end!
Sidecar
Bikes: -

Post by Sidecar »

I rode a Yamaha with nitrous and I drove a Camaro with nitrous. The car wasn't too bad. The cycle almost killed me. It sure made my hair stand up !!!!
I keep the hose to myself now.
You'd probably live longer if you kept the hose to yourself while riding. Wait til you get about 50mph and then hit the button. You'll think that you're flying, but the bike won't scatter pieces all over the road and if ya wreck, it won't hurt as much.
haggis

Post by haggis »

HA ha ha ..lol.......that was funny Sidecar think I'd like to party with you sometime my friend!!!!
You should visit Maine sometime...round about harvest time....everyones driving at 30....cause they feel like there doing 100!!! ;D Haggis
Sidecar
Bikes: -

Post by Sidecar »

Haggis,

I may take you up on that offer one day. Monday night my older brother and I were talking about hitting Maine in the summer. I have never been up the northeastern states. It would be a good time. Once I get my scoot to travel more that 200 miles without breaking down, I'll looking for places to go.
I think I can still stay awake long enough to get the lamp shade on !!!!!

Stay warm !!!!
Randy
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

Have a friend with a 98" Shovel on the"bottle" [nitrous]
only when it is WFO does the juice kick in.
It's a terrible thing watching him literally tear out bolts w/the threads & constantly breaking things on it. It is slowly "owner destructing" as he won't quit.
At first I got a kick out of his Crazy Burn-outs!!! After that I just felt bad for the shovel. You might think that 98" should have enough giddy-up & go. Years ago this was a very sharp Shovel. Now it's worse than a Rat,
It's an abused run-down beat the shit out'a poor ol shovel. I won't put any of my toys "On the Bottle"
Too Voilently destructive. Especially on "our older Harleys. They just don't make them like this anymore.........

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”