Insurance

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
panbagger
Bikes: 52 panhead

Insurance

Post by panbagger »

I was just wondering what insurance all you guys use for your motorcycles? I had progressive for about a month and a half, but they are canceling me! I have a 52 pan in a swing arm frame and insured it for a specific amount, but since 52's don't have swing arms they say it's a custom and wont insure it for an amount. They will cover me but not the bike. All I really want it covered for is theft, because they are so hard to replace. Any info is helpful. Thanks Scott
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Re: Insurance

Post by 1950Panhead »

Hagerty.com or jctaylor.com, insurance for antique cars and bikes.
Lowbikemike
Bikes: 1962 FL
1987 FXSTC
1995 FLHR

Post by Lowbikemike »

Make sure you read the policy or ask a lot of questions of the "classic car/motorcycle" insurers. Some, not all, severly restrict your vehicle usage. I've got a policy with Condon and Skelly on my 57 Retractable and it does not cover any issues arising from "regular use", which they consider to be driving to work, running errands, driving to church, etc. I recently wanted them to insure my 61 Pan, mainly due to their rates and getting stated value coverage but the restrictions were too much to handle. I went with Progressive. Sorry I can't point you in the right direction.
panbagger
Bikes: 52 panhead

Post by panbagger »

progressive would be fine for most people if it is all original, but mine is not. I checked out hagerty last night and going to give them a call on monday. Will also look at jc taylor. Any body else have any input that would be great. Thanks Scott
jdpan
Bikes: 1952 Custom swingarm panhead

Post by jdpan »

Dairyland.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”