All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
doug_heisel
Bikes: 1952 FL, 2015 Road king

just a funny story

Post by doug_heisel »

this is just something I thought might bring a smile to your day
I had parked My 52 on the side walk in front of my house the other day. I went inside to get a glass of tea. coming back I saw a truck go by (faster then the speed limit on our street) hit his brakes squalling to a stop I thought a neighbor kid may have wondered in to the street and ran to the door. when I got out side the truck was backing up. and pulled in to the driveway. I looked over and the next door neighbor lady was in laughing fit to burst. an ole boy stuck his head out the window and said is that your bike. I told him it was. and he asked what year it was. I told him a 52 and he said a 72? I said no a 52. He asked if he could look it over. (thinking this might be that candid camera show come back) I said uh.... yeah I guess. he and his wife got out and looked the ole girl over. and thanked me over and over for allowing him to check out my bike.
AND NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY
I went over and was talking to the neighbor lady after the guy left she was just starting to stop giggleing. and asked her what was going on. It seems The guy was flying down the street saw my bike his eyes never leaving my bike he hit his brakes and screached to stop 40 ft past it, yelling OH SHIT. slapped it up in to reverse (eyes still on the ole girl) and backed up,and pulled in the drive way. Eyes never having left my bike.
UH.....I'm not sure its safe to park the ole girl on the sidewalk any more. She starts trouble where ever she goes and I dont think I want her causing an accidents. Do any of you have this problem.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Re: just a funny story

Post by john HD »

good story doug!

i have had similar events.

once when i was at a large rally that happend to occur when i was in south dakota trout fishing, i decided to stop by a bar in spearfish.

as i drove by i noticed a spot open right in front of the bar. i swung in and parked front wheel first, not wanting to get my fishing poles broken by passers by. i had my shakespear and bamboo berkley sticking out of my saddle bags.

appearently it was some kind of gathering of small rodents known as hampsters. they all have 70k bikes built by some guy named arlen from california. my bike on the other hand is a basically stock '55 FL. since i like to generally stay away from crowds i had been up in the hills for the whole day riding on gravel and dirt fire service roads looking for prime fishing spots. the '55 is pepper red (chevy engine orange) but at this moment every inch of it was covered in white road dust except for the saddle.

since i belive oil is cheaper than chains i had turned the front oiler up a bit. ok, maybe a lot.

when i was inside getting an overpriced beer one of the rodents was dismayed by the grubby bike near his and was complaining about mine loudly. when i got back outside a group of old timers had gathered near my bike discussing what year it might be. i played dumb and asked some of the experts what their opinion was. they all guessed wrong. one of them told the upset rodent to get over it and was sure none of the grime on my bike would jump over and get his dirty!

i just laughed and jumped on my pan rolled it out into the street and got her running on one kick! i went back to camp and had a nice supper of miller high life and fresh black hills trout!

john
NightShift
Bikes: Two Schwinns, a Hercules, and a Hiawatha

Post by NightShift »

Dear John,
Is "The Hampsters" really a club name?

I rode with "The Deviled Eggs" a few times,
JR JOHNSON
Bikes: 1941wla,1946el,1947fl,1950fl,1959flh,1972flh,4 twinkies,1 evo

Post by JR JOHNSON »

HERES ONE OF MINE, I'D STOP AT A BAR WITH MY BROTHERS FOR A BEER IN CRABTREE OR,IN THER FOR A BIT,AND SOME BODYCAME IN AN SAID THERE A OLD MAN SITTING ON A PAN OUTSIDE, MY HAIR STOOD UP ON MY NECK,HEADED OUT SIDE TO TEAR SOME BODYS HEAD OFF, WALK OUT THE DOOR, HEARS THER SIT A 87 YEAR OLD GUY THINKING HIS GOING DOWN THE ROAD,ON MY PAN,MAKING ENGINE NOISE FROM HIS LIPS ,TRY TO SHIFT ECT,NOT RUNNING STILL ON THE JIFFY STAND, I'D WALKED OVER TO HIM ,WANTING TO KICK HIM OFF THE PAN, BUT THE GOOD SIDE CAME OUT OF ME,SO I ASK HIM,WHAT THE HELL, HE LOOK INTO MY EYES AN SAID HE HAD A 1950 EL BRAND NEW IN 50,AND HE WANTED TO SIT ON ONE BEFORE HE DIED, HE TOLD ME HE DID'NT LIKE THE 49,IT HAD BLACK ON IT. OK HE SEEM HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. SO I ASK IF HE WANTED A RIDE, HE DID,SO I GAVE HIM A RIDE, CAME BACK EVERYBODY WAS TANKING PITURES ECT, THEY WANT TO TAKE ONE MORE PITCHURE SITTING ON THE PAN ,SO I DID,THEY TOOK THE PITCHURES,HE PISS HIS PANTS SITTING ON MY SEAT, GOT OFF,WENT HOME. WORD OF WISDOM,,IF YOU GIVE A OLD MAN A RIDE,TELL HIM TO GO PISS IN THE BUSH FIRST.! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT,EXCEPT THE PISSING THE PANTS THING. HOPE DIDNT BORE YOU, WE ALL HAVE STORYS TO TELL WITH REPSECT JR
Hog54
Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 Panhead
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

I only get the people that ask me if my bike is new.And I tell them no,its a 2009. 8)
doug_heisel

Post by doug_heisel »

He actually pissed himself. he must have thought it was a bed pan. ROFL
doug_heisel

Post by doug_heisel »

Hog54 wrote:I only get the people that ask me if my bike is new.And I tell them no,its a 2009. 8)
and they buy that line, LOL I might have to try that but I dont think my old girl could pull that one off.
Billpan58
Inactive member
Bikes: 58FL
99M2Buell
89Sporty

Post by Billpan58 »

Stopprd at a dollar store to get some 3 in 1 oil last [speedo squealin]last night, on way home from brothers house[110 miles]. owner was wearing harley shirt ,he asked what are you riding,i said 58 pan he starts yellin honey honey its a panhead, they came out and checked it out like kids in a candy store.they went on to relate that they were soon to inherit a 40's WL. i said i hope it happens for you guy's.
doug_heisel

Post by doug_heisel »

Two weeks ago I went to the station for some go juice and a car pulled in behind me. I saw a guy get out wearing a polo shirt and dress slacks, looking like he was headed for the golf course. he stood back and checked my bike out and said damn you dont see many panheads around any more. He asked the year, I told him he nodded. I pushed her out of the guys way up next to the station. I went in to pay and was watching out the window he started the gas in his car and walked over and was checking my bike out again. I walked out and he asked about the piece of chain I have linking my mouse trap to the clutch lever. and a few other good questions I answered him and he said he had a 04 then he said good bye and wondered off. he had called everything by its tech name and acted like he was very knowledgeable. leaving me wondering about who the hell is this guy and what does he do for a living. he sure seemed do know bikes and looked like he belonged in a court room. That encounter still has me scratching my head.
doug_heisel

Post by doug_heisel »

john HD wrote: get over it and was sure none of the grime on my bike would jump over and get his dirty!
john
aw that good ole jumping panhead grime. that would only raise the value of those show bikes. LOL
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

NightShift wrote:Dear John,
Is "The Hampsters" really a club name?

I rode with "The Deviled Eggs" a few times,

shifty, yes there really is... the question remains weather they are hamsters or hampsters??

after a cursory google this is what i came up with....

http://streetchopper.automotive.com/131 ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

john
JR JOHNSON
Bikes: 1941wla,1946el,1947fl,1950fl,1959flh,1972flh,4 twinkies,1 evo

Post by JR JOHNSON »

I'VE SEEN THOSE GUYS IN STURGIS IN 90,PRETTY HAIRCUTS,SHORTS,NO WINDBURN TANS. ARLEN NESS WAS WITH THEM, BUT REMIND ME OF A BUNCH OF MONKEYS AROUND A BANNA TREE,BUSH? BRAGGEN WHOSE BIKES MORE LOVELY THAN OTHERS.THE 1% CALL THEM RODDENTS WITH RESPECT,[EXCEPT THE RODDENTS] JR
Last edited by JR JOHNSON on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightShift
Bikes: Two Schwinns, a Hercules, and a Hiawatha

Post by NightShift »

Dear Jr,
I drank a beer once with Arlen Ness so those guys cant be all bad.

Another casual club I rode a lot with was "The Gutter Brothers" because thats where we parked.

We aughta declare a show-up-and-you-joined name for all us type-riders.
How about "The Retarded Sparks"?

Or has that been taken?,
john HD

Post by john HD »

How about "The Retarded Sparks"?
i would join that club!

john
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

john HD wrote:the question remains weather they are hamsters or hampsters??

john
John, did you mean the HEMPsters?, that would be more in their league.

mike

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”