Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
vladt
Inactive member
Bikes: FXDB

Hydra-Glide - Where to buy one?

Post by vladt »

Howdy All,

Name is Vlad (Vladimir).
Been an Ozzie for the past 20+ years. Riding 08 Street Bob but absolutely love Old American Iron. (old hot rods, Harleys, Indians). When I was growing up in mid 70's, the old Soviet Union used to get few Harley imports (part of then trade agreement with USA). My heart always skipped a beat every time I saw an old shovelhead on the road.
Also love to do my own work on bikes/cars. Used to restore/repair old damaged Japa's but not interested in this anymore.

Would love to bring Hydra-glide to Australia and lovingly restore the beast. Hoping to get some information from forum members that will help me find and buy my very own Hydra. Would love to have my very own restoration thread on this forum.

Cheers to All
Vlad
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: Hydra-Glide - Where to buy one?

Post by Cotten »

Vlad!

Welcome to the forum..

It is always best to inspect the machine with your own eyes.
The best opportunity to view machines for sale is the enormous Davenport AMCA Meet: http://www.chiefblackhawk.org/

You are welcome, as everyone is always welcome, to share the canopy in my booth.... (It may be too late to book a room at the local lodgings, and always too expensive.)

....Cotten
PS: The best machines should never be restored; Only the worst!
socalpig
Bikes: 1960 FL

Post by socalpig »

8) vladt call 562 426 1844 ask for mike and ask him about his '62 it is fantastic he ships bikes every where and could help with customs and what ever. check out pacificcoast cycle.us the site is still a work in progress but in the pictures with the babes you can see it. it is red with deluxe solo seat
vladt
Inactive member
Bikes: FXDB

Post by vladt »

Thanks for the advice boys.
I am after a hydra-glide, 1949-1957 if I understand correctly. The 1962 would be a duo-glide.
The main problem I have is being located in Australia. Not easy to get to any club meets. However, I remain hopeful that something good will come along.
If you know of anyone selling a genuine hydra, please pm me.

Thanks
Vlad

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”