Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 FL Panhead
1976 Sporty
1983 FXRT Shovelhead
2000 FLHT TC
2008 Anniversary Ultra

Interesting mock-up Day

Post by LittleAl »

Well today I managed to get a mock-up of major components onto my frame.

Every time I rebuild a bike from the frame up I like to put the bike back together one area at a time then take it off again. It allows me to check fits, make adjustments, decide on parts to replace, clean, chrome, whatever. It also forces me to make sure I have all the "little" parts, pieces, nuts, bolts, washers, pins, cotters, etc. so that if I'm missing anything I can get it before final assembly.

so today, I mocked up the complete front end and rear end, did the seat post/T-Bar/bushing yesterday.
Although I thought I had everything, of course I didn't! Handlebars were a big problem, will get into that in a separate thread.

Wound up preparing a fairly large order for little stuff from NOSParts, man it adds up fast! lol It IS like Christmas though when that box arrives!

Found time to make a couple of scores on OEM stuff from eBay to that I've been watching all week. I prefer OEM when reasonable, but not obsessed with it. I kinda like the look of "not new" for the stuff that shows especially.

Anyway, that's my deal for the day, thought I keep you all that might be interested up to date.
Tomorrow (Sunday) I'll be taking everything apart that I put together today.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”