V-Twin Catalog Online

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
VT

V-Twin Catalog Online

Post by VT »

http://www.vtwinmfg.com/VTwinCatalogIndex1.htm
The company has grown. It's like an irregular shaped snowball rolling down hill. The irregular shape of the snowball are the bum parts left in inventory, sticking out like sticks and tree limbs. I don't know how to navigate their catalog site. The contents scroll is endless. The 2004 catalog had a Vintage 1915-1969 section with it's own index. The 2005 index has everything lumped together. John White said that's because the people that printed the catalog aren't in touch with the motorcycle business. A problem he intended to correct in the 2006 edition. I see by the credits at the end of the online index, that he's still on the job as photog. He stands for the antiquers against the rising tide of Evolution.

Post by Guest »

I don't mean to plug anyone but I prefer to use this site: http://www.masclassics.com/vt2/vintageindex.html
It has an easier to use index and gives a general idea of cost. I only linked the vintage portion but the rest of the catalog can be found.
VT

Post by VT »

Betta :!:
SkyHogg
Inactive member
Bikes: 64 Pan, 77 Sporty, 05 Electraglide

Post by SkyHogg »

Ya' know, this brings up a question I've had. In looking through the online catalog for something I need, I once again see a repop part for my '64 Duo, and the chrome item is easily 10% cheaper than getting one painted black. Does it take more labor/materials to paint a part than to chrome it? Hell, I'd quickly settle for getting it at the chrome price but unpainted. It would save me the trouble of strippin' off the chrome. I don't mind some things being chromed, but not everything ....
Anyone have any guess as to why they are priced like that?
VT

Post by VT »

You got it :!: Not only is production-chrome cheaper than painting....the chrome parts can be returned to the supplier and then reshipped, back out to another customer while the part still looks new. Try that "multi-returns" thing with a painted part :!: I like the new phosphate "parkerizing". Looks pretty good.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”