Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
longhorn
Bikes: 58 servi-car
64 panhead
65 panhead
70 shovel

Saving decals

Post by longhorn »

I'm fixing an old pickup, theres an old Pro Rodeo decal in the windshield, and I'd like to put it on my new used windshield. Anybody have any methods that would work with out destroying the decal? Jim
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Saving decals

Post by panhead »

Use a hairdryer?
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Or a really good digital camera and a lazer printer with decal paper?
I think I'll try to scan the '49 oiltank decal.

....Cotten
papapan
Inactive member

Post by papapan »

if its not too sun faded or checked two things that work real well depending on your skills are as follows. Sit the truck in the sun all day and grab a razor blade and slowlyly work under the edge and pull up with your free hand. Once the sticker is off it will wantt o curly into a roll roll it the other way to help it flatten out. The take some good quality automotive spray adhesive and spray the back of it and let it take in the air for a few minutes then put it on the new windsheild. The other way is to use a hair dryer and some wd-40 to lift the sticky stuff. this will take the sticker off but you will have to use mild soap and water to get the wd-40 off the sticker then it will have to be pinned flat to dry. Then finish up like i stated in the first part.
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

Not sure if this helps, but I used a product that's call Goo Gone ( or something like that ) to remove emblems on gas tanks. It'll take gum and adhesive off stuff without damaging the paint and smells good enough to drink !!!! I wouldn't try it, but it sure smells good. Nice fresh orange smell. I bought it at Lowes.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”