1947 pan head valuation

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
wdc

1947 pan head valuation

Post by wdc »

Can anyone recommend an appraiser for a 1947 pan head located in Albuquerque NM? If not an appraiser perhaps someone familiar with values of pan heads?
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

If you need an affirmed appraisal for a title bond or estate settlement, then I must suggest you seek a licensed dealer. Since I don't think NM even has 'notary' licensing, you may have to search pretty far to find anyone but an HD dealership that will carry credibility with courts or bureaucrats.

An ordinary insurance appraisal means nothing anyway, so anyone would write you one!

You shall certainly wish to find someone with experience in VIN identification, however, since there was never a production 1947 Panhead.

Good luck....
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

There were four Panheads made for the Detroit trade show in July of 1947 and I guess you could say they were not production , but they were made from what I've been told . I also have a numbered cases for a 47 Pan , my belly numbers also indicate 47 and I've had two title and registration searchs in two differant states that say its is so . No ONE CAN SAY WITH PROOF WHEN THEY REALLY STARTED PRODUCING OR REGISTERING THEM OR WHAT NUMBERS THEY USED. All records from HD are gone from about 1962 back.I am still researching mine.
Cotten

Post by Cotten »

Tis sad but true that any machine that might be one of these fabled four would have to be absolutely un-molested and documented to be of collectible value. Otherwise, every barney fife will want to impound your machine for evidence.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”