All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
53rigidrider
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Karma strikes

Post by 53rigidrider »

Just a light thread about my recent (Yesterday) brush with Karma coming back to bite me.
I was at the motorcycle shop, and after it closed i was chatting with a friend who has a new "Twinkie." I was bragging up the benefits of no black boxes and whizbangs to get my Pan down the road. Anyhoo, he took off and I went the opposite direction on my Pan. On the other side of town, "Bang, bang, choke, weez, cough, uhhhhhhh!". I double checked everything, and thought it was a clogged fuel line since I replaced all the ignition junk earlier this month. I called my friend's house (who is the local Pan/Shovel/Evo/88/V-Rod/chariot guru) but he wasn't home. Estimating the miles to my place or his, I elected to push my bike the required 2.5 miles to the guru's house and hang out till he arrived. A short time later, after making all sorts of small talk with curious onlookers, gang-bangers, and a frustrated custom bike painter, I parked in the guru's driveway. He arrived home about 30 minutes before he had to go to bed for tomorrow's work at the shop. We did a quick check, but being so late, I left my wife with him and he gave me a lift home. I stayed up most of the night reading through manuals and surfing the forum for clues. I was really sweating 50 wt by the time I went to sleep, anticipating major overhauls and such... He called me in the morning at work to tell me he had found the problem. My condenser went bad, the bike runs fine!!! The real clincher is I had a spare condenser in my tool kit, and could have been changed in 2 minutes, but it totally escaped my mind. I learned my lesson to be more humble towards the newer bikes (1954 and up)!

Ride like Winter is coming tomorrow, one day we'll be right!
53rigidrider
Inactive member

Re: Karma strikes

Post by 53rigidrider »

Added note:
Even a breakdown is an adventure that I never would have had otherwise......
;)
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

It's all part of the Trip. On the road & on the side of the road.. ;)
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

hello, whats the name of his shop , is it custom cycle?
mbskeam
53rigidrider
Inactive member

Post by 53rigidrider »

Nope, it's not Custom Cycle.
"The Guru" is the only other person that touches my "wife' for the GYN problems I don't have the tooling to do the work.
He's one of the few reasons I don't move outta this city.....

Panheads Forever, Forever Panheads.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”