Pan pics

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
cory
Bikes: *

Pan pics

Post by cory »

Here's a few pics of my bike I finished this spring thanks to all the great info posted here, I haven't posted much, I got most my answers from the Knowledge Base.

Here's a pic my lady photoshopped, that I thought turned out pretty cool

Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Post by Ripley/Fla »

Cory, VERY NICE! Tell me (us) about the seat set-up. Thanks.
58Bobber
Inactive member
Bikes: '58 FLH

NICE!!!!!!!

Post by 58Bobber »

Wow, I love the stockers, and "mostly" stockers...but I have a custom Pan and it's GREAT to see another. Does this mean we can expect to see MORE CUSTOM PANS HERE???

Hope so...a refreshing look for a vintage motor.

Right on, Cory :D

Jim in Seattle "1950 Bobber"
cory
Bikes: *

Post by cory »

Hey Ripley, The seat is just some 1/8" plate I bent up to fit my ass. Then I cut some 3/16" plate to fit the profile of the seat pan and drilled a pile of holes in it for mounting the mountain bike shock onto. That shock kicks ass!! It's fully adjustable, and once I got it dialed in it works great!

Jim, I love the stockers too, but to me nothing looks better then a custom. From a mild bob job, to a full on 60's -70's chopper! There are some that go way to far(occ'ish fat tyre, swoopy easter egg bullshit)

I hope to see more custom Pans too!!
kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by kevsett »

The seat makes my rear end hurt just looking at it but the whole bike makes my jaw muscles ache from so much grinning. It's a cool bike!
PanmanUK
Inactive member

Re: Pan pics

Post by PanmanUK »

Here is a picture of my (unfinished) '49. Your bike looks clean and mean. Congratulations.

VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

Panman, is that a Dennis Corso exhaust? http://www.denniscorso.com/
Looks like the rear "Y" pipe he makes that I needed to make three or four 3/4 cut-through's to "re-shape" and remove the kick. Feature where a stock muffler would point it you attached on to the end of the "Y". It would put your muffler hanger to close to the rear axle plate hole. Actually your angle doesn't look as steep as mine did, close to it though. My problem could have definitely been my 1997 V-Twin frame - but -
I have never seen a Dennis Corso "Y" pipe installed on an OEM or kit Pan, yet the Corso company makes thousands of them. It's a real mystery to me. I'd shut up about it, if I could just see one D. Corso "Y" on any rigid frame Pan with a muffler attached to it..
Nice build you have going. That '58-64 short cigar would look good on it. Paughco has some choices.
http://www.paughco.com/
Paughco has a new exhaust kit called BYOP (build your on pipe). And they have one for Panheads OEM and 3-bolt flange. Download the Exhaust section and get the whole catalog. Interesting concept.
If Paughco or Corso had a weld-it-yourself-4-piece exhaust it would help end the problem of "Y" kick and header problems. Make the front header in three sections, so you can fit the top of the front header on to the head spigot, and then the (curved) down-piece that you can increase or decrease the curve radius, with the third section (which fits into hub of flat-pipe) long enough so that you can cut-off the length as needed. You'll be chroming it anyway. Having the front header too short to seat into the flat-pipe is sometimes a problem, and not having a tighter radius of the front header is another. There should also be four relief slots, not just two.
Check out the hack-job I did on mine and see where I made my cuts. Make the DYI kits something like that, imo.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lockdoc
Inactive member
Bikes: 65 Panhead in a 70 FLH frame

Post by lockdoc »

Nice bike Cory. What coil are you using and how is it mounted?
PanmanUK
Inactive member

Post by PanmanUK »

VT
I cannot say with any certainty whose pipes they are. I ordered the pipes via a local supplier and gave them the CCI part numbers of the individual pipes (CCI 08 calalog page: 7.40, - 38708, 38709, 38710 & 38711).
I was intending to put a short muffler on so as not to hide the rear wheel (like the look of the 80 spokes), but since the outlet is not parallel to the ground, I have put a 4 inch baffle into the outlet pipe and fabricated a 'turn-out' piece from a set of old pipes. This looks good and is not too loud. The rear pipe is too short to get the outlet parallel to the ground.
The bike is just about finished now. It runs good and the lack of muffler does not seem to affect the performance of the engine. Time will tell.
Later, I plan to have a custom set of stainless pipes made.

For more images, see '1949 Harley-Davidson custom' in the garage.

I will be replacing the images in the garage with the 'finished' ones, when I get time.
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

Great :!: I like the 8 ribbed early cam cover.
The pipes are probably Deniis Corso's. He sells to Ted and CCI. You can tell by the kick and the flat pinch where the rear header stops in the "Y" pipe.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”