Insurance

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Willy G.
Inactive member

Insurance

Post by Willy G. »

Who do you'll use for insuring classic bikes? I use USAA for everything but there ACV and I need to insure my bike for replacement.
Thanks, Willy

ps. Anyone have experience with Hagerty's.
USAA MY ASS!

Re: Insurance

Post by USAA MY ASS! »

Willy G. wrote:Who do you'll use for insuring classic bikes? I use USAA for everything but there ACV and I need to insure my bike for replacement.
Thanks, Willy

ps. Anyone have experience with Hagerty's.
Had my Shovelhead stolen in the late 80's...USAA wouldn't pay! They offered me $2400 on a motorcycle I had insured with them for the preceeding 13 years. I proved, with receipts, I invested $11,000 and had 2 estimates from shops that did work on that bike...both of whom I also had some the receipts from. Submitted my $8000.00 value (hey, I took a cut on what I actually spent on several cosmetic changes). NADA, not a bit close enough offered by those turds to even THINK about replacement value, let alone ACV. Took me more than a year of negotiating to get finally $5000 out of them when I bought another HD and told them this WAS my replacement bike for what was stolen, then and ONLY then did they fork over the "replacement" cost of this motorcycle I had just purchased at $5000. They can kiss my ass!!!

And I served as an officer during that stinking little Asian war, thus the USAA membership. Man, do they DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim in Seattle "1950 Bobber"
Willy G.
Inactive member

Post by Willy G. »

That sucks Jim, I've had only good dealings with them. They don't fully cover bikes anymore unless you already have a bike with full coverage, they send you over to progressive. I think I'll try Hagerty's, anyone had luck with them.
1950Bobber

USAA

Post by 1950Bobber »

Sorry Willie G....sore subject even to this day. Figure they took alot of money off their "kind" ...Military officers than ran with it!

Forgive my rant...Good luck in your endeavor.

Jim Seattle "1950 Bobber"
59Panman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1959 Panhead FLH

Post by 59Panman »

State Farm here in Californistan.
kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by kevsett »

Farm Bureau for me.
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

Progressive covers mine for replacement value.
sprucecreek

Post by sprucecreek »

I have my 56 FLH and 72 MGB insured with Hagerty. No claims experience, though.
Steve
Bikes: 49 panhead, 17 roadglide

Post by Steve »

I also went with Hagerty this past Feb for the 49 pan. I to have USAA (retired 04) for auto and the 06 HD but they wouldn't give me replacement value for the 49 pan (USAA progressive insur). Have not made a claim (hope to never have to) The price was right and easy process to get insured. Steve

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”