just recieved my bike

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
mikemacy
Bikes: *

just recieved my bike

Post by mikemacy »

i just recieved my bike today its a 65 pan. im looking for a good shop manual for this bike any recomendations? how good is the clymer manual? thanks for any help
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

The Clymer is ok but its pretty generic, tries to cover everything and leaves a lot of the specifics out in the process.

try to find a factory manual also, and, of course, Bruce Palmer's restoration guide.
mikemacy
Bikes: *

Post by mikemacy »

im not trying to restore this bike though. how specific does this book get. im planning on making this a bobber style bike. im pretty much looking for general electrical, mechanical and drivetrain information. the more specific the book the beter though. thanks everyone.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

you will like palmer's book even if you are running a bobber.

lots of good info on figuring out what fits what.

john
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Post by Jack_Hester »

Buffalo Motorcycle sells reprints of almost any early H-D service and parts manuals. You will want both. The exploded views in the parts manual is a great help when seeing how things go together.

http://stores.ebay.com/Buffalo-Motorcycle-Works

Jack
57pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by 57pan »

A lot of people bad-mouth the Clymer manuals. I use it in conjuction with the H-D service manual. Clymer does not assume that you own every special tool and fixture that the Motor Company ever made so it is directed a little more toward us shade tree mechanics.

Just my $0.02

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”