Looking for a rebuilder

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Looking for a rebuilder

Post by Ripley/Fla »

I am currently disassembling my 56 Pan. The local Harley dealer does not even have a machine shop! What a joke. I have been clued in to Head Hog for cylinder head work. Does anyone know a competent rebuilder. I live down by the Everglades so the Southeast is preferred, but I will send it anywhere in the USA. Thanks for your input.
Fixman
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by Fixman »

Keith Smith the owner of Madison Motorcycle in central Virginia is very honest, has a good deal of experience, and won't rip you off. http://madcycle.biz/

Kent
VT

Post by VT »

http://www.stettsironhorseranch.com/ builds mine and everybody else's in San Diego.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

FWIW

mad city motor cycle service

3123 e washington ave
madison wi

608 241 5557

complete machining, case welding, engine rebuilds, wheel lacing, parts etc.

pans knucks and flatties are their specialty. when the local butique dealer turns people away this is where they go!

john
Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Post by Ripley/Fla »

Fixman, I caught Keith at his shop today and he is going to E-mail info. He says you have a nice bike! Thanks!
Fixman
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by Fixman »

He better say it is nice because if it isn't it is his fault. :P I have watched Keith work for the last few years, and he always does the very best that he can. He is a gifted engine man with years of hands on experience, and all the significant certificates from the H-D schools. He loves the old bikes and tolerates the new stuff. I think you will be happy with his work.

Kent

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”