Panhead riders in OKC Oklahoma (or surrounding towns)

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
drinner-okc
Bikes: 1965 ElectraGlide
1953 HydraGlide
Pan Super Glide
47 EL Knucklehead w/ Sidecar (Basket)

Panhead riders in OKC Oklahoma (or surrounding towns)

Post by drinner-okc »

Leaving work in downtown Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon around 5:45, I met what looked to be a close to original 57 pan, Blue & White.
I changed lanes & tried to catch-up to visit, but traffic would never let me get more than one car close. I followed him thru Bricktown (the entertainment district on OKC's east side, then he hit the on ramp and went North. I live South, so home I went. If someone knows anyone in central Oklahoma riding Pans or Knucks (fairly stock) that would expand
their social circle, please PM me. I just started riding again after about a 12 year layoff to raise kids. I bought a parts bike, and will slowly return
it to stock appearance. I've been riding the Pan to local Bike nights (I don't drink, but they're usually at bars) and it always draws a crowd &
lots of questions. The next youngest bike I've seen at one is a 68FLH
that looks like it just got pulled out of a barn & powerwashed. Except
for fishtail straight pipes and a Bates style solo seat, it is just like 1968.
Has a plug where the kicker should be, what faith.
Anyway, I'd like to meet some other vintage riders, possible AMCA members, I've never joined. There is no chapter listed in OK.
Is there enough of us to start one? With Bricktown & the canal, we've got
some nice meeting places.
drinner-okc
duoglide58

Post by duoglide58 »

I'm going to guess that you saw me last Thursday. I ride a Sky blue & Birch white '58. Last Thursday was a heck of a day that started our stupidly. My bike has been acting like it was starving for fuel when on reserve at highway speeds. I checked the fuel that morning to see if I had enough gas to make it downtown because I wanted to test how it would act on reserve since I recently purchased a new right side vented cap. I guess I did not tighten the cap sufficiently. I lost the left cap on the way to work. Then near the Robinson Exit on I-40 in rushour, the bike started missing and died. I tried to push it up hill to the exit for a while but I got tired and figured I would only end up dead in the water at the bottom of the exit. I started kicking and got it running again. After work I ran down to Freedom Cycles for a new cap and then gassed up. I think the forks that I put on a few years ago must be slightly shorter and are not allowing the tank to drain fully when on reserve. I think I was daydreaming because I did not plan on going through Bricktown the way I did.

Anyway, I ride to work on days when I can wear clothes that I don't mind getting a bit oily. I work downtown and who knows we may work for the same company. I would be interested in meeting some day and see your old scooter.
Doug
drinner-okc
Bikes: 1965 ElectraGlide
1953 HydraGlide
Pan Super Glide
47 EL Knucklehead w/ Sidecar (Basket)

Post by drinner-okc »

Forum members, today duoglide58 & drinner-okc met in person. We both work downtown Oklahoma City (basically) dg58 came to my office at lunch
and we visited a very little. I was having my 5th Monday this week. We agreed to meet after work and visit. We spent over 2 hours getting to know one another. We plan on some rides together soon.
I'll try to post in Gallery our 2 Pans nose to nose.

Thanks for this forum! We'd have never met!. :D
duoglide58

Post by duoglide58 »

I enjoyed meeting drinner-okc yesterday. He is a wealth of knowledge regarding these old bikes. I find it humorous that an internet site moderated half a world away was the means by which two guys that work less than a 1/2 mile from each other get together. What are the odds that they would even be visiting the same motorcycle site? I'm looking forward to some future riding.
Doug

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”