All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

ROLLER LIFTER, gave out!

Post by 58flh »

HEY guys! As most know I had redone my heads & have since put about 600miles on them!---Yesterday was the big ROLLING THUDER RUN, for all VETERANS!. SO ME & Wifey go!. On the way home about 3 miles from the house I notice a Clicking sound & it got faster with RPM. Let her cool down ,checked all valve adj. (GOOD). When I checked the front EX. & thats the one I loosened the guide-up because of a leak at the EX. spigot!.--OK I let off on all pushrod ADJ. & pulled the cam-cover for a looksee. I pulled the lifter for the fromt EX. & the roller now has a 1/8 inch of play in it!--WHEN my guide originaly let go & everything started BANGING!--The lifter was just shooting up & down hard & this probably caused the premature failure. GLAD NO NEEDLE BERINGS got loose!-THAT would of been F...ed-up!--GOT LUCKY, Sombody looking over me! Dont know who, but so far 2 would have been bad things didnt happen!.--The RUN to the VET MEMORIAL was awesome WE got a count of 5387 BIKES!--not counting the ones that jumped in along the way!--GOOD run this year, NOBODY DIED like last year!---Some young guy on a tricked-out twinkee ,wheelied the bike right into a moving cage!-HEAD-ON, He pulled the frontend up at 45MPH & the bike shot to the left into oncoming traffic!,& the run didnt even start yet! He was just arriving at the meet point!--2 nore miles & he would of made it!---SAD STORY I found out he was 26yrs. old & 2 kids. And it was his first streetbike!---Stock they boogie but somebody said he had alot of work done & it dynoed at 94HP! WE took-up another collection & gave the $$$ to his Family.----RICHIE
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Re: ROLLER LIFTER, gave out!

Post by George Greer »

Richie..

That sucks... but you were almost home...glad it did not happen many miles away.

George
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

YEA GEORGE!---Close to home ,Took me 2hrs.+ to push her!--DAM YOU DO realize your not 25 anymore! :lol: --RICHIE
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

Yep...

Getting old don't really hurt..........it just ACHES everywhere.

George

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”