What are you doing today?

Ongoing topics on interesting subjects, what did you do on/with your bike (or other things)?
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

What are you doing today?

Post by john HD »

i'm trying to set the dual point single fire timer on my buddies 63 FLH...

'bout ready to start drinking early!

cotten's float goes in later.

john
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: what are you doing today?

Post by mbskeam »

painting a house...again
tried to finish it all yesterday...
did ya know that ya cant paint with a flood light....LOL
so have to go and finish today......

mbskeam
1950 Bobber

Post by 1950 Bobber »

Fitting a bobbed OEM fender to the rear of my '50 Bobber. Took off the custom fender and sissybar. Also, if I'm fast enough, changing out the triple trees to install an OEM set (my present set is machined so I can't install the cowbells). Then I'm installing cowbells and changing out the 16" front tire to a 19" 4.00 Firestone replica for better handling.

Ambitious even in my opinion! :mrgreen:

EDIT/ADDENDUM at 1830 PST: Ok, ambition blinded me!!! I was able to completely change out the front end, trees and all. Rear fender installation, well, partly done, looks like that will be work for another day! :roll:
Last edited by 1950 Bobber on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

I took a ride on my panhead this morning. East of Phoenix on State Route 88. Nice twisty road. Only about 100 mile trip so I was back by 10am. One of the pushrod seals (the top on on the front exhaust) started leaking, so I'll fix that after the motor cools down.

-Craig
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

well i don't need to enroll in a 12 step program after getting the 63 timed and running. my buddy had said the bike was hard to start, i found it to be set a bit too advanced. now it seems to start easy and idle nice.

i took it for a spin between raindrops. runs ok.

cotten's float will have to wait because i seem to be out of bowl gaskets at the moment... guess i'll just have to watch the packers.

john
windweaver
Bikes: 49 HD

Post by windweaver »

watching it rain. :( WW
awander
Bikes: '52 FL
'64 FLH

Post by awander »

I had to go about a mile down the road to a friend's house to pick something up-but I managed to strectch it to about a 12 mile round trip on the '52.

Now I am paying bills(yuck) and getting ready to go out and work on getting some broken head bolts out of a tractor motor.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

What was left of hurricane Ike ripped across Arkansas yesterday and tore us up pretty good. Got a little over 3" of rain in less than hour last night with 40-50 mph winds.

I have an acre and a half covered with 100 year old Oak trees, its amazing how much debris and trash can come out of those trees in one day. Which leads to what I did today, the last load went on the burn pile just as it was getting dark. I rode the tractor all day, the pan just wouldn't pull the dump trailer with a load of tree limbs. I would much rather have tried to figure out how to time a set of dual points.

Now I'm drinking Leinenkugel beer, the yard is clean and life is good!

mike
1964 pan
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by 1964 pan »

Went thru Ike in Crockett, Tx. on Saturday without much damage. What concerns me is that I do not have the drive or desire to get my pan running. In my younger years I would eat,sleep and breathe working on my pan. Now, there seems to be so much more to do that I can't get the time to get her going. Yeah, I know. Whine,whine, whine. Give me some cheese. God Bless, Ya'll!
1964 pan
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by 1964 pan »

This is me above. Not a guest.Thanks. God bless all the Ike survivors, and everyone else. 1964 pan, I'm out.
cosmiccowboy
Bikes: 64 FLH 47 EL

Post by cosmiccowboy »

Spent the weekend finishing the summer maintainence on the pan, oiled the saddle bags, tightened up everything, looks like the last riding season before a tranny overhaul. Not to worry, I have a 4 speed on the shelf waiting on my 47 El project to get finished so if I need I'll put that in so I can still ride. Will be getting the 47 inspected this week hoping Arizona won"t blue tag it, no vin on the frame you know. Once the thing is titled to me I can start the rebuild process. Today is a good day, adverage high temps for Sept 16 are finally under 100 so riding season is right around the corner.
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

I picked up my 2 tons of pellets for the winter heat. The price went up $20 this year to $500 to heat the house for the winter. Cut the grass and line trimming untill the line trimmer died. After taking the thing apart I now need 2 sizes of small gasline. Can't get that on a Sunday, so I spent the rest of the weekend in the garage installing an true dual exhaust on my 50 EL. I was modifying a short piece of flex heat shield so it bends tighter so I can cover the weld near the flare on my rear true dual pipe I'm installing. The air compressor motor wouldn't start after it got good and hot, so I ended up spending the rest of the weekend rebuilding my head reeds on my air compressor. Seemed to be one of those days when you have to fix something just so you can get something accomplished. At least I had plenty of beer in the garage fridge.....
RROBERT60
Bikes: -

Post by RROBERT60 »

HURRICANE RECOVERY LIVINGSTON, TX AREA
ALABAMA-COUSHATTA TRIBE
indianut
Bikes: American

Post by indianut »

Water Skied! St. Pete, Fl.
51Hog
Bikes: 1951 Fl

Post by 51Hog »

Just finished putting the roof over the decks around the house and finally got the fire wood put away for the winter---About 15 chords. :-)
http://picasaweb.google.com/akdale/092008DeckRoof#

Return to “Small Talk / What did you do today?”