Internal Throttle Wire Gauge

All Panhead related discussions, questions etc.
chop1543
Bikes: 1938 UL Harley-Davidson, 1955 FL Harley Davidson, 1965 FLH Harley Davidson

Re: Internal Throttle Wire Gauge

Post by chop1543 »

That wouldn't hurt either. I also use said graphite on the inner speedo cable, the spark advance cable where applicable, and a spritz on the cam lobe at the breaker points.
Mongrel505558
Bikes: Rigid Panhead bobber, 68 Shovelhead, 2000 Road King Police bike, 2000 Dyna Wide Glide

Post by Mongrel505558 »

chop1543 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:44 pm That wouldn't hurt either. I also use said graphite on the inner speedo cable, the spark advance cable where applicable, and a spritz on the cam lobe at the breaker points.
Good point on speedo cable. I have a Dyna S ignition that retains the timer's centrifugal advance. I use the graphite on the weights where they pivot and where they engage the slots. Seems to work well so far.
pan50head
Bikes: 1950 FL

Post by pan50head »

I am sorry I did not check this site more often. I see that you bought the wire from Granger, but need a longer length. I have glide bars. When I replace the wire, I basically follow the old wire out with the new wire. As I pull on the old wire, I shove the new wire in from the carburetor end. I use a light lithium grease on the new wire as I am inserting it. before I started doing it this way, I could not get the new wire through the spiral, it would catch somewhere. By following the old with the new, I haven't had to remove the bars, etc.

Return to “Panhead”