Another gem on ebay.

eBay posts
Hog54
Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 Panhead
1980 Lowrider

Another gem on ebay.

Post by Hog54 »

He says the numbers check out good,but I dont know how they could since I dont thing the 54s ever got to the 6000s.Even if it was a dealer restamp,they would only put the numbers that were on the old cases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954FL-panhead- ... d0&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Another gem on ebay.

Post by RUBONE »

He says the numbers check out good,
He also does not in any way claim that they are factory applied does he! Checked out means nothing more than what is stamped on the case is not reported stolen.
Robbie
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

RUBONE wrote:
He says the numbers check out good,
He also does not in any way claim that they are factory applied does he! Checked out means nothing more than what is stamped on the case is not reported stolen.
Robbie

Well thier not going to get reported stolen if the numbers never existed. :roll:
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Post by CaptMike »

I like how conveniently a couple of his pictures just happen to be washed out (from being tooooo bright) and a couple are perfect.
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Re: Another gem on ebay--my all-time favorite one ya posted

Post by mr. z »

was about a month or so back, remember the one where the genius welded the case halves together? still cracks me up thinking about it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
doin
Bikes: 1964 FL Duo Glide

Post by doin »

I hear everyone knocking eBay, but not only did I find a good deal on my '64 but I have been able to find all the period correct vintage parts I needed on eBay as well.

Granted I paid top dollar for some of it, but at least I found it. It's like the largest swap meet ever, and in my living room!

Seems if you know what you are looking for, and you are patient and disciplined, eBay can be a viable source for bikes and parts.

No doubt there are many scams and crap out there - I do understand that!!

Doug
CaptMike

Post by CaptMike »

Doug,

ebay is just "Wide Open"! In many cases the Seller Knows what he's selling and is just trying to Play Dumb. I last week I found a set of tanks listed for 1957 Pan, the tanks were 70ish that someone had put 1958 emblems on. I emailed the guy and asked about them and he got Pissed. His reply was "What-ever... They Came Off a 1957 Frame".

I've spent Thousands (on two bikes) last year on ebay. Between old stuff and new stuff the tables are completely opposite. Old stuff is there you just have to weed it out or you buy the Cheap Azz Chinese Crap (aka Re-pop).

From time to time someone will post the stuff that's just Wrong. Like the Pan with the Knuck serial number and the engine that the cases were Welded together. Naturally we make jokes about it. For the right price I'll buy total CRAP. Sometimes there's a "nugget" that you need connected to the turd.

Its called Buyer Beware!
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

Well all I know is not only are they the wrong stamps,but there never was a 54 made starting with a 6.I never seen higher than a 5,and only a few of them.
doin
Bikes: 1964 FL Duo Glide

Post by doin »

Well I am glad I got lucky then with the '64 - stand up dude selling exactly what he said he was.

As for all the various parts I bought - I just made sure I could visually identify them as the correct part before buying - because I can only imagine the idiots that are out there that have no clue and try to sell things that ain't!

Thanks for the warning . . . I shall beware.

Doug
cdndewey
Bikes: 42 WLC, 47 EL, 53 FLE, 62 FL, 78 FLH

Post by cdndewey »

I've bought a lot off E-Bay because of the availability that I don't have where I live. I've had good and bad experiences (more good) and have sold also. It's unfortunate there are scammers out there, but they're everywhere. Fortunately E-Bay does have some recourses you can take to make things right.
CaptMike

Post by CaptMike »

No I couldn't help myself!

Need a good set of Cylinders "Good For .0005" Over"!

This DA doesn't know 5/10,000 from 50/1,000 of an Inch. I guess he's never heard of a Micron either?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson ... 3f15e808d3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “eBay”