Tiny-Tach info wanted

mbskeam
Bikes: *

Tiny-Tach info wanted

Post by mbskeam »

does any body have one of these? and if so, what model did you get to work?

mbskeam
King
Inactive member

Re: Tiny-Tach info wanted

Post by King »

Hi Mbskeam

I have been using one for about a year and it seems to work fine. Getting the right model is tricky (I goofed the first try) and I would recommend calling them before placing an order. When I get home I'll look at mine and get its number to post tomorrow as a back-up.

King
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

I must be missing some thing , is there a photo some where Mike?
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Getting the right one would be a good idea, The one for Kohler???? If ya get the right one let us know because I would be interested in one myself.
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

oh...

look here...http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/gasoline.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mbskeam
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

You can check http://www.sendec.com also.
http://www.northerntool.com has tachs also.
My buddy has a tinytach on his superglide and it works perfect. I have no idea which model it is though.
King
Inactive member

Post by King »

I checked the one I have on my 51FL. The only # I could find was on a sticker 304 2R. I suspect this is a stocking number not the model number.
Anyway, I would recommend giving them a call @ 630-920-1300 they are very helpful.

King
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

well,
I called them and they told me the model I need is:TT226R-2C.
now that the life has slowed down a bit I will try and order one up. we'll see if it works.....

mbskeam
1950bobber

Post by 1950bobber »

Hey Mbskeam...
1950 Bobber here! Look I know this wasn't the thread subject but wanted to let you know I posted some pics of my '50 Pan on the Gallery. Was at my buddies' shop today, Sunday New Year's day, nursing a mild hangover and just talking HD's. His name is Gene Covert and he owns and wrench's at Bad As Choppers now in the Preston, Washington industrial park just off I-90, I think it's exit 22. He's riding a '48 Pan but bumped to 93ci by way of Delkron cases but still sits in a reinforced '48 stock wishbone. He does great motor work but is really a man of all specialties when it comes to motorcycles....he won't touch anything not HD, however! Anyway...got to talking summer '06...man, this should be a great year.....gonna' welcome you down here to the Fall City area and run out with us to CowGirl, Inc. where biker meets cowboy for some fun akin to Coyote Ugly ...where the girls get up, dance on the bar and turn their backs on the cowboys when the bikers show up! More just mind fantasy now...but the summer will arrive and will be 'tis the season to "pimp the Pans" once again....Can you just see it! Have a good New Year Bro...catch 'ya in the wind....
Jim in Seattle "1950 Bobber"
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

well..... I did order one today, so.......
as I hijack this thread I wont feel to bad , because its mine.....
1950 bobber.....
I'll have to come on down that way, I use to go to nothwest custom cycle,in north bend. when Dave D was still around.
1st time I go into his shop and start asking about star hub bearings , he says jokingly " are you one of those guys thats got a caliper and mike in your pocket"
well after I pull out my stuff and set it on the counter, and he stops LOL, he sets me up in the corner with a box of bearings and away I go fittin it up. not to many shops that will do that any more. He liked the old iron.....

nice lookin bike.....
nice ridin out to that part of the valley on 202, lotsa side roads, that go and go....
I guess I'll have to take some pics ..........drunk women
a dirty job, but somebody has to
its kinda fun to see how many girls/women will sit on the bike.....
after I tell them that I will Email them,(and I do) the pics
most will hop right on.
only lost one so far....due to my bad sence of humor...something to do with a fat chick in the back of the pic and me waiting till she was outa the pic....
o-well, I'll never learn.
there is a swap at the end of the month at woodland, might go but not sure, a long ways to go, only to find take off evo and twinkie parts......

mbskeam
1950bobber

Post by 1950bobber »

Well...if you knew Dave (from North Bend)...you had to know Gene Covert. Gene worked for Dave for quite a while...was actually the man in Dave's business that got the work done...from what i hear...Dave was REAL old school...emory cloth a part on a rewbuild and stick it back in...they tell me that with Dave's work...you got a few hundred miles and your bike was back in the shop...guess that's job security! Shop is still there, owned by a guy named Michael...but he came into some $$$ and bought Dave's old business from Dave's wife Joann...however he has a less than cordial attitude to customers and business is not so good for him...besides that, he now competes with Gene's shop in "the valley"...NO COMPARISON! So if you're in this area, you gotta' check out Gene's shop (Bad As Choppers), you two could talk old time Dave's shop stuff! I live on rt 202...yeah, it's a good 40 miles of backroad riding before I hit rt 2 that leads me up to Leavenworth...which is a GREAT 100 mile total cool ride. .....So..."fat chick in the pic..." ...great way to impress women, huh? Thanks for the Pan compliment...we'll meet up...matter of time! Thanks for the chat....good hearing from you.
Jim in Seattle "1950 Bobber"
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

well....
as I suck at names, and know people by face.....then you might have heard of Bob kelly, I think hes out there some place also.
yea I kinda heard that about D.D. also
and as for the fat chick comment .....
the girl on the bike was about 6' tall with legs that go on forever, well as I'm trying to get set to take a pic ....a bigun comes walking into the back ground, and I say the off hand comment about waiting till the fat chick is outa the way.. well I guess I insulted the sister hood....not the first and not the last.....

mbskeam
1950bobber

Post by 1950bobber »

"insulted the sisterhood"...hey, I'm no homophobe....got my sexual priorities in the right place and I have no doubts there...BUT...Seattle? Now that's an "alternative lifestyle's heaven"!!!!! Gotta' be careful with comments around here....you never know who or what you're talking to! Scary place for the straight shooters!!!!! Just grab a handful before you commit...or you could be taking pics of something quite different sitting on your Pan than meets the eye!!!!!!

1950 Bobber
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

oh Dont worry .... the girl was one of the 2 sisters that are from cyclepath in kirkland.
trust me she has all the right parts in the proper places....... :o
but you should hear my old man go on about the boyZ on capital hill after working there for 35 yrs.

well I got this the other day, and here it is....
made up a ST. ST. cover for it.

mbskeam
Red55FL
Bikes: 1955 FL on a 54 frame
2012 Heritage Softail Classic

Post by Red55FL »

Mike
The stainless cover looks great, good looking installation. :)

Red

Return to “Speedometer, Dashboard & Instruments”