Looking for Repop Speedo

jamiefixit
Bikes: 51 Pan. 72 Econoline.

Looking for Repop Speedo

Post by jamiefixit »

Hi,

I'm looking for a 2 to 1 repop speedo for my Pan, can anyone point me to a source of reasonably made ones? I've had a few of the low quality ones that break after about 5000 miles on another bike so would like something reasonably well made. Any suggestions very welcome. I'm in the UK but no problems with international shipping. Thanks Jamie.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Looking for Repop Speedo

Post by RUBONE »

Resurrection Cycle Works had some good ones. Check with them.
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Post by mr. z »

Resurrection also sells his speedos on Ebay, under seller name "old rugged". I plan on trying one of his speedos too, the rebuilt original units are way too rich for me...
PanHeadMark3
Bikes: 1965 ElectraGlide
2013 Switchback
2011 Sportster Low

Post by PanHeadMark3 »

I bought mine thru J&P Cycles. Very reasonably priced and works perfectly. $71.USD
TimmyV
Bikes: 1961 FLH
2017 FLHTKL

Post by TimmyV »

Been running a aftermarket speedo from Resurrection Cycle Works on my '61 Pan since '09...have over 16K on it now & still works beautifully !
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Post by mr. z »

Glad to hear it, I'm about to pull the trigger and get one of Old Rugged's speedos too. They are not exact, the faces show too many numerals, plus the dead givaway of the two small screws. But close enough for me, it is the internals I'm concerned about and Resurrection stands behind them...
bloodyjack
Bikes: 61 HARLEY FLH
28 INDIAN SCOUT
78 DT125

Post by bloodyjack »

For the same price as a fake Harley Re-pop I got a Stewart Warner Police Special on Ebay
speedo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr. z

Post by mr. z »

yeah those police specials go cheap, but they are post 62 male threaded on the back, requiring a completely different cable. And even with all that it still is a 1:1 ratio speedo. Pre--61 4-speed transmissions require a 2:1 ratio. Unless you go the running off the front hub route, and even many of those are 2:1 ratio as well...

Return to “Speedometer, Dashboard & Instruments”