seat gel pad

Bikes: 1948 FL 74in Panhead Chopper , 1958 Zundapp Citation 500

seat gel pad

Post by 108 »

I'm thinking of putting a gel pad inside my 13X13 solo seat. Any of you guys done this? Did it really work well? Is it worth the trouble on this relativly small seat?
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: seat gel pad

Post by FlatHeadSix »

it sure couldn't hurt! (pun intended)

seriously, I've used a piece of sheepskin for years that I just flop over the solo and plant my butt on, cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and very comfy. When I get where I'm going I just roll it up and stuff it in the saddlebag.

mike
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I got a piece of the newer, closed cell foam, and put it in the seat, and had it resewn, and use a sheepskin too. Much, much better now!
Mike
rbregn
Bikes: 1946 ul

Post by rbregn »

My wife has a gel seat on her bike and she puts sheep skin on it for riding any distance. just too damn hard otherwise.
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I don't want to knock a product here, but I have never had any luck with the gels products. Period. I even had a pair of gel gloves. They were absolutely useless. Every move you make, the gel has to reform, so what good is that? Of course, I know other people who love the stuff. Call up Mustang about the closed cell foam. It really isn't expensive, and resewing the seat should be cheap. There are other sources for the foam, but I have had good luck dealing with them.
Mike

Return to “Seat”