Buddy Seat Question

sprucecreek

Buddy Seat Question

Post by sprucecreek »

Hello, folks. I have recently acquired a buddy seat for my 56FLH (from Larry Heilman, who does very nice work) and have a quick question about installation. I have ordered the clip set from VTwin to connect the helper springs, and the attachment plate for the nose of the seat, but wanted to make sure that I don't need the spacers that I use for my solo seat. I see in the Palmer book a picture of a 46FL buddy seat, and it does not appear to have the spacers between the seat and the t-bar. The buddy seats for the 45s pictured there clearly do. Could someone who has a buddy seat set me straight on this? Thanks.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: Buddy Seat Question

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Spruce,
Here's a link to a discussion we had about this back in July, lots of pictures and lots of good information. Take a look and see if this doesn't answer all your questions. All of those spacers were provided in different thicknesses so the rider could stack them in the combination which provided him the best seat position, installation was optional and a way of "adjusting" seat height.

John, Panhead, how do we convert that thread to the Knowledge Base format?, that one should really be moved over there.

mike

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3329&start=0&st=0&s ... buddy+seat
sprucecreek

Post by sprucecreek »

Perfect!

Thanks, Mike.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

good deal spruce,

mike, i'll look into copy/move into the KB a little later if panhead doesn't beat me to it!

john

on edit, i copied to the KB and left the original in the panhead forum so mike's link would still work.

john
sprucecreek

Post by sprucecreek »

Thanks, folks, for the link. It definitely should be in the knowledge base. Having read the discussion, installing the buddy seat was a snap. But otherwise it would have been a real puzzle, as it is not very intuitive. And, the photos in the Palmer book are not very clear.

Return to “Seat”