"Buddy" Seat Options?

fifty4

"Buddy" Seat Options?

Post by fifty4 »

Any thoughts on what options are available (and from where) for two up riding on my 54 FL? Right now I have the traditional solo seat, which is surprisingly comfortable, but once in awhile some company might be nice. My "company" is typically the same person, but she likes the security of a sissy bar (a la late model Softail) but is also dying to put in a few miles on the back of the Pan. I'd like to keep things pretty stock. Some relative interchangeability (if that's a word) back to the solo would also be a plus.

By the way, I just found this site about two weeks ago and it is incredible and addictive. But in a good way. Thanks for any ideas.
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Some of us have a hard time squeezing our mature foundations upon a Buddy. The conventional rail sometimes proves more irritating than helpful. And the late '60s pad takes up even more room.

I found out early that the 'horseshoe' grab handles are very accommodating, as the passenger can hold them palms outward, thus supporting their back against their forearms. Not great for a long haul, but I found that most young ladies could 'grasp' the concept quickly, enough to get them home with a smile at closing time, at least.
fifty4

"Buddy" Seat Options?

Post by fifty4 »

Good info on the grab bar and the bar-hopping. We're not likely to be 2-up across the country on this baby, so the simple solution is likely the best. Thanks!

Return to “Seat”