Inner Primary

Wreckman

Inner Primary

Post by Wreckman »

I am taking down my 56 Pan for a complete re-do. It is not original and has re-pop parts.(bought it as such) The inner primary is very poor quality. I want to replace it. I am looking in JP Cycles and they have two for the bike. I am not so sure that they are any better. Any advice on a replacement in Chrome that is not junk.
Ohio-Rider
Bikes: *

Re: Inner Primary

Post by Ohio-Rider »

It likely doesn't make much differance which inner primary you get. If its after market it will require some tweeking to fit properly. Find the cheapest one and go with it.
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Post by panz4ever »

Had one from J&P from another project I had thought about using on my 49 EL. went I went to check fitment both top and bottom hole for oil tank and frame mount holes were not aligned and would have required relocating positions of the inner primary mounts. (Frame and oil tank are OEM so I knew that wasn't the problem.) Someone suggested Pauchgo. Tried it and fit/aligned almost perfectly. Had to slightly elongate 2 of the holes where it mounted to the motor is all
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

I'll probably catch Hell for saying this, but in my experience, J&P has the absolute worst shit on the market. I've always thought they buy V-twin rejects at a penny on the dollar. John Parnham is a business man, and I guess that makes business sense..... ! But I'll never waste another Lincoln penny on that crap.
Wreckman

Post by Wreckman »

Thanks.
I will do some looking. I have some other items I need to replace too. I wish there were other options other than import.
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

There are options other then import. Paughco in Carson City, NV makes a lot of repop parts right here in the USA. I've bought primary covers (inner and outer), brake drums, oil tanks, risers, exhausts, and many other assorted hardware pieces from them over the years. Very good quality. They have their catalog online at their website http://www.paughco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

-Craig
Fred pickering
Inactive member
Bikes: 09 CVO Fatbob
2010 Ultra Classic Limited
09 VForce Customs Chopper
53 Panhead project bike.

Post by Fred pickering »

I second Pauchgo see my thread below on oil tank issues and inner Primary. I have a whole crap load of Taiwan Teddys junk setting in boxes that dont fitt it takes all the fun out of building one of these jewels when every other part is wrong fittment.

For me it goes way deeper i set out after owning many Harleys to build a Pan a long dream of mine what i didnt set out to do was end up with a bike thats 60 percent Taiwan . It like all good things sometimes takes longer from Pauchgo however you cant put a price on made in the USA or the desire to burn your shop down after trying to make Teds crap fitt.
Bosheff
Bikes: 65 FLH 82 FLH

Post by Bosheff »

Ted's parts were junk in the 70's and I see no reason for them to be any better today. If Ted was the only one to have the part I needed to keep my Tin Top runnin, I'd be walkin....bosheff
Wreckman

Post by Wreckman »

I am going to place an order with Paoghco tonight.

Thanks
doug_heisel
Bikes: 1952 FL, 2015 Road king

Post by doug_heisel »

Bigincher wrote:I'll probably catch Hell for saying this, but in my experience, J&P has the absolute worst shit on the market. I'll never waste another Lincoln penny on that crap.
Doesn't J.P. stand for Junk Parts
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

doug_heisel wrote:
Bigincher wrote:I'll probably catch Hell for saying this, but in my experience, J&P has the absolute worst shit on the market. I'll never waste another Lincoln penny on that crap.
Doesn't J.P. stand for Junk Parts
Yes. And maybe John should change the name to W-S..... "Worthless Shit".

Return to “Fenders, Primary, Tanks & Paint”