Tanks with emblems

63pan

Tanks with emblems

Post by 63pan »

Hey fellas. Any of you fellows running a black tank with 63-65 emblems on it? I am thinking about going that way with mine. If you have any E-mail them to me . [tjw@gcronline.com] Thanks a lot. Later Tim
Jonderson
Inactive member

Re: Tanks with emblems

Post by Jonderson »

I thought about doing that until I saw the 63 emblem. Butt-ugly, imo. I went with a decal. Should be said though, that I was never interested in maintaining stock on my 63 as it was pretty much a rescue operation from the get-go. If you are interested in getting/keeping stock then the emblem is what you will want to do. If not, your options are as numerous as the stars. I have seen some pretty sweet looking custom emblems.
BigMike
Bikes: 01 FLHPI
64 FLH
Various partials....

Post by BigMike »

my 64 has 3.5 gal stock tanks with emblems, my 65 had the bigger tanks with the same emblems. 64 is red and white, looks great, 65 was solid black, also looked great. some folks don't like that particular emblem, with the white "arrow" But I think it's fine
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Technically (gawd that sounds pretentious) nearly all mid-60's civilian tanks had birchwhite panels on the bottom half. (Police units were white, if we trust the literature.)
The curious thing about '65 is that since it was the first year for 5 gallon tanks, any tankshift units had '63-'64 3.5 gallon tanks on them.

That's what I prefer.
63pan

Post by 63pan »

Hey fellas i was thinking about going to the 3.5 gal tanks with the stock emblems. If either one of you fellas have pics of your tanks I sure would like to see them. if you have any pics E-mail them to me @ tjw@gcronline.com Thanks Tim

Return to “Fenders, Primary, Tanks & Paint”