Panhead Oil Tank Decal 56 to 60

steve_wood
Bikes: 56 FLH, 2007 FLHRCI

Panhead Oil Tank Decal 56 to 60

Post by steve_wood »

Does anybody have a really good photo of the oil tank decal for 1956 to 1960? I've attached an image from a water-transfer decal. I hate the water-transfer ones so I'm having a friend make up some more robust pieces. We need a good photo to get the colors, shapes and sizes right.

Any help would be appreciated.

steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Steve
I'm sure you have already considered this but here's my thoughts just in case. The water transfer decals are somewhat transparant, the color behind them will change the appearance of the final application. The colors will look different when it is on the white cardboard and after applying to a black oil tank.

If you make a non-transparant self-adhesive sticker you may want to sacrifice a water transfer by applying one to a black painted surface and using that as a color reference.

mike
VPH-D

Post by VPH-D »

The FLH oil tank decal in water transfer variety is available from Old Dude in Georgia.
VPH-D

Return to “Fenders, Primary, Tanks & Paint”