jack's and jacking point for fr. wheel/brake service.

chuck58pan

jack's and jacking point for fr. wheel/brake service.

Post by chuck58pan »

Hello, where is the best spot to place jack to lift front hydra-glide? I have a willy's jeep (type 2) jack that i used for rolling chasis assmbly, but the pad is small and now with the Motor in it seems less than safe. I guess i will have to spend a dollar and get one of the flat-max type's made for the job. Is one made better than most. my little willy's jack looks like it could lift a tank.how about locking the rear brake without the special tool ? rachet-strap maybe? thank's Chuck
l
chuck58pan

Re: jack's and jacking point for fr. wheel/brake service.

Post by chuck58pan »

Well I guess i insulted even my own inteligence this time;so i ran over to newark de. and pick-up a flat jack made for the job. this i am confident will be safe. now if i can get the front break adjusted i'll be happy. I was given my bike back after motor/trans rebuild and i thought it wise to have them install the motor etc. What a joke it came back with no rear brake at all . the return spring was not attached and the plunger rod was bent-up like a corkscrew; now i had failed to assemble with the washer at the end but it would seem obious something was amiss There are numerous things i am going through to make things right..some my doing ,like my turn-signal sw. wiring (thanks for the schematic) but i needed to see another complete switch. If i can bend-up some line's to get my external oil filter to attach to my ss pump tha will be a plus. he has some horrible arrangement of my original lines tha the hacked-up and added rubber tube. that along with some piculiar thing he jury-rigged to the linkert carb throtle lever. I wish; or i will get a picture just a matter of posting. anyway i guess i am venting because i paid a Good buck for the service ;i wanted to complain but it wiould involve bringing it back . I can't say i'll never set foot in a dealership again but it won't be anytime to soon. Thanks, Chuck

Return to “Frame & Fittings”