Jiffy stands

Laura
Bikes: 1957 FLH
1986 Sporster

Jiffy stands

Post by Laura »

Hi, I am sorry to be such a gunsel but I am trying to find the correct jiffy stand for my '57. I have found 2 different styles, one with 2 holes and one with no holes, both parkerized, and both saying they are for my bike.
Does anyone have any idea which is actually correct for my bike? I have read myself blind and can't figure it out.
james
Bikes: 1952 FL
2020 Honda Super Cub

Re: Jiffy stands

Post by james »

Laura,
Even if you are a hoodlum we will try to get you the answer you are looking for.
Now, what are these holes you are talking about?
Parkerized is right, the holes thing is confusing me. The jiffy stand mount has 4 holes to mount to the frame and shift bracket. Can you show us a picture of what you have now or what you are looking at?
Jim
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

The mount with two holes is for a swingarm frame. If you carefully compare the two you will find that the angle at which the leg is held differs. The shallower angle is for a rigid frame, the steeper for a swingarm frame that sits slightly higher.
old.wrench
Bikes: '54 FL and a mini-bike

Post by old.wrench »

Rubone provided the correct answer to the jiffy stand question. I believe what Laura meant by "gunsel" is actually "ginsel". If you ever spent any time working in the oil patch, you'll know that a "ginsel" is a type of dummy, not quite as sharp or as able as a worm. In the oil business, you always find the greatest concentration of "ginsels" in the upper management or head office of drilling companies, oil field support companies, and major oil and gas parent corporations. Laura, if I'm wrong please correct me :) ..

Geo.
1951 adam
Bikes: 1951 panhead , 1995 dyna

Post by 1951 adam »

RUBONE wrote:The mount with two holes is for a swingarm frame. If you carefully compare the two you will find that the angle at which the leg is held differs. The shallower angle is for a rigid frame, the steeper for a swingarm frame that sits slightly higher.
Robbie, from what I understand , duo glides have no holes and a thick pad , around what time did they start putting the holes? It makes a big difference in lean angle having the correct pad. I found an early for mine after using one from a Duo... It has just the right lean now, night and day
Adam

Return to “Frame & Fittings”