Looking for Forward Controls... anyone??

Ken J
Bikes: 01 Wide Glide
62 Pan

Looking for Forward Controls... anyone??

Post by Ken J »

I am trying to find forward controls without a rear brake master cylinder that will work on a 49-51 frame.

does anyone know who carries them or where I can find them?
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Re: Looking for Forward Controls... anyone??

Post by caschnd1 »

I just use the OEM controls. I replace the front floorboard mount with a foot peg. This is a pretty common way of using forward controls on a panhead frame (rigid or swingarm). You can get repops from vTwin Mfg. If you want OEM parts, start searching swap meets.

Right side...
DSC_1237.jpg

Left side...
DSC_1254.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken J
Bikes: 01 Wide Glide
62 Pan

Post by Ken J »

Thanks. That's pretty much the set up I have now.

I was looking for a way that I wouldn't have to reach back so far for the rear brake pedal.

Nice ride by the way.

Thanks again,

Ken
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

KEN---If you look at my pics. you will see that on my controls ,I am using floorboards & the reach to the mechanical brake is easy -(right there!)--You can by from JP cycles a few diff.--set-ups!. & the pricees are decent!. If your looking for OEM--Then start hitting the swapmeets & good-luck!--My set-up is in a 49-rigid frame , so it has the crossover tube for the mech.-brake as yours does. Just go to my photo-album under (58flh)--I have a pic. that shows the rightside & the braking set-up!---Good-Luck,---Richie,--PS, you will have to shim the floorboard down a little!-(2 washers did it). 8)

Return to “Frame & Fittings”