Primary chain: which is the best to buy

beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Primary chain: which is the best to buy

Post by beets »

Which is the best to buy? The one on there now is well oiled but wore quickly with tight/loose spots. I got it at the HD dealer.
VT

Re: Primary chain

Post by VT »

Tsubaki®, "pre-stretched, shot-peened plates, sintered pins"...this all from memory. Good chains. Wore longer than Diamond® for me, but then I only got 3.500 miles out of my Tsubaki's because I don't like a lot of oil dripping down to the pavement, so I starve my chains.
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

I used to try to keep the oil down to the minimum also but found it's not worth it. It only takes one ride with not enough oil to ruin a chain. If the chain turns brown, there is not enough oil....Mike
beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Post by beets »

Panacea wrote:I used to try to keep the oil down to the minimum also but found it's not worth it. It only takes one ride with not enough oil to ruin a chain. If the chain turns brown, there is not enough oil....Mike

+1 I tried to keep them lubed with chain oil, but could never keep up with it. I gave up and now it "marks it"s spot".
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

i have a well lubed diamond that has been adjusted once after break in.

if i remember correctly it has been on the bike for 12 years. give it plenty of oil and it will last a long time.

i have a gravel driveway so the excess just keeps the dust down!

john

Return to “Chains & Belts”