Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Primary drive belts: buying a spare

Post by PanPal »

I'm trying to buy a spare primary drive belt. The set up I have came on the bike when I got it. I am not sure who makes it, but from what I was able to find on-line I believe it is a 8mm belt. The markings on the belt I have say Gates HTD 37144 x 2. Can local bearing and transmission suppliers cross reference these belts?
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Re: Primary drive belts

Post by Panacea »

I run a gates 8mmx1 1/2". I had no trouble finding a replacment at my local bike shop for my 51fl ( Kokesh Cycle Mpls. ) see if the number is still on the belt, might make it easier to locate a replacement...MW
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

I went straight to our belt suppler, and was told it was a proprietary belt to HD....bull I said as HD never had these as stock.
but in any case you will most likely have to get one from a shop or mail order, should cost about 50.00$

mbskeam

you should see the sales guy squirm when I ask for bike chain in bulk...... :)
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

Thanks for the replies. Applied formerly Bearings and Transmissions told me to bring the one I have in. They can't find the Gates # but the belt may be re stamped and available for cross reference. I sure would like a spare. I haven't had time to do the research on available pulleys, but want to make my own belt drive with the Goodyear Eagle Pd drive set up. These belts have outlasted any straight tooth belt on a conveyor system I designed at work.

Return to “Chains & Belts”