mousetrap location

56pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH
1997 FLHTCI

mousetrap location

Post by 56pan »

I installed a mousetrap eliminator on my pan but haven't had much luck getting it adjusted. So, I'm going to put the mousetrap back on. I don't remember where it is mounted on the front leg of the frame. How far up or down? Should the clutch rod be level with the clutch release lever? I want to make sure I get it in the right spot cause I don't want to put any more marks on the frame than I have to. Thanks a lot.

Bill
57pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by 57pan »

Bill,

I just went out to the parking lot and measured mine. I have approx. 2.25" between the sidecar loop forging and the clamp. I can't say for sure that's where it is supposed to be but I don't think it's real critical. My clutch rod is pretty much parallel with the ground.

Here is a pic I just took with my camera phone:
MouseTrap.jpg
And here's a shot of the left side of the bike:
LeftSide.jpg

Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hjans
Bikes: HD FLH'59

mousetrap

Post by hjans »

Maybe this will help
http://www.hd-flh-1959.tk/
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

I wouldn't worry about how parallel the clutch rod is to the ground, I think the only critical clearance is between the clutch rod and the top of the primary. Position the mouse trap high enough so that the clutch rod will not drag on the top of the primary tins anywhere through its entire range of movement.

mike
56pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH
1997 FLHTCI

Post by 56pan »

Thanks alot guys. The photos were a big help. Now I don't have any doubts where it goes. Thanks again.

Bill

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”