EFM "auto clutch"

bibs
Inactive member

EFM "auto clutch"

Post by bibs »

Hi all....just wanted to let yall know that I,m taking my panhead (cherry girl) to a shop in Ohio to leave it with EFM machining.....they are going to fit up their "auto clutch" to my open primary,1-1/2" belt drive w/ pro-clutch

What is totally unique about this is that although it is kick start only....it will remain kick start but can be used with out the clutch....with zero clutch slippage!!!!!! :oThey are doin the R&D no charge and providing the components in return for me dropping off the bike!
As far as I,m aware...this hasnt been done before with a Harley Davidson!!
I JUST LOVE RE-INVENTING THE WHEEL!!!....'course it aint me doin it...I at least get to participate ;D
The EFM as some of you may know, is a centrifugal clutch arrangement designed for open or enclosed primarys....it allows for virtually no hand clutch pull.By simply letting up off the gas between gears and shifting with out using the clutch is the way it,s designed.
Now....an improvement in design will allow Kick start 4-5 speeds to do the same!!!!
sleeper

Re: EFM clutch

Post by sleeper »

Saw an ad for this for evos & tc88s & write up, test results & etc.. might be a different company though.
Good luck, pics would be cool, I'll try to find that article, I think it was in IronWorks mag ??
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

It will be awhile before I have pictures of the actuall clutch set up,when I get 'em I,ll forward them to panhead....I do have pictures of the standard EFM unit though....however it wouldnt loan as much value to what this new set-up entails!!
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead »

Pictures in the gallery:

fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Bibs
Nice ride , hows the motor running , did Russ do you good ? Malloy in yet ?
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

Thanks man!! Yeah russ does nice work....been in touch with him about 4 times on the phone.I called the other day and left a message on the box,he didnt get back with me.He lost a bro to a bad accident and he hasn't been right since.
Havent put the mallory in yet.....still sitiin on the bench : I,ll be droppin the bike off on dec 2nd and hopefully it wont be there any longer than 5 weeks.
I,m thinkin about goin with a nice tall jockey shift with the clutch handle on the shifter !!!! with this clutch set-up I could literally do a way with the clutch handle!! but I,d probobly be better off leavin it there......ya never know!
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

check this out!!!!!! http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/.....thats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; me on the home page of Grail21....he,s a regular over on CHOPPERWEB.NET
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mbskeam
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

bibs- Good looking Bike.
Let me guess where ya got yer name 'bibs' ........
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

Well it,s been a while since I posted on this thread about the efm lock-up pressure plate.....I still want very much to put'er on and figured out how to do so and still kick start the bike......then use the unit as it was intended....a true semi automatic set up.Eventually,sometime this spring perhaps I,ll get 'er done and offer up a full report on it!

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”