paddy
Bikes: 1965 FL panhead
1947 FL knucklehead
1940 ULH flathead
1941 ULH flathead
1939 UH flathead

65 rivera clutch is hard after it heats up w/mouse trap

Post by paddy »

I have a 65 panhead chain drive on the primary enclosed with a pro clutch with the gold spring plate with mouse trap. I was told to use the gold spring plate by tech support . the clutch cold feels good but after you ride the bike a while and it heats up it's very hard to pull the clutch has anyone else had this problem? I had originally had the silver plate in there and it was not strong enough to return the mousetrap I'm running 8 to 10 ounces of dextron 3 in the enclosed original primary any help would be appreciated . as i am still trying to get a straight answer from tech support on this Paddy
Tattoo
Bikes: Yes

Re: 65 rivera clutch is hard after it heats up w/mouse trap

Post by Tattoo »

paddy wrote:I have a 65 panhead chain drive on the primary enclosed with a pro clutch with the gold spring plate with mouse trap. I was told to use the gold spring plate by tech support . the clutch cold feels good but after you ride the bike a while and it heats up it's very hard to pull the clutch has anyone else had this problem? I had originally had the silver plate in there and it was not strong enough to return the mousetrap I'm running 8 to 10 ounces of dextron 3 in the enclosed original primary any help would be appreciated . as i am still trying to get a straight answer from tech support on this Paddy
Your mouse trap isn't adjusted right that is some of your trouble. It should come back mostly on it's own. Put the silver one back in and adjust the trap.......

Also why are you running auto trans fluid in your Harley?????? That's a LOT of your problem........
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Paddy--I know the discs are kevlar & should be soaked in ATF overnight then wiped dry & installed.--This may help you /a buddy of mine got one of thise $500 clutchpaks/-& he had to lose a disc in order for the thing to work where he could pull it after it got hot.Dont remember the name/But After he yanked a plate out He loved it /He said I can pull my clutch with 2-fingers just like you do.He was just hardheaded like all of us & I kept telling him bring that thing back & get your money & buy new discs & put back your 3-stud with the halfplate,After 2-months of fighting this thing -He yanked 1-out & used all his oem parts back in -with the plates & Discs from whatever this Anodized red thing was & all was good.I never installed a RIVERA Clutchpak yet/But Whatever that anodized red thing was -He had the same issues!---Respectfully----Richie------Shit Im sorry guys. The mouse goes on TODAY!
Last edited by 58flh on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hydra74
Moderator and Panhead Register Member
Bikes: 1943 WLC,1955 FL

Post by hydra74 »

Shit Im sorry guys. The mouse goes on TODAY!
no problem :lol:

Hydra74

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”