revtech pro clutch

Simular to an EVO diaphragm clutch but better.

bangkokbob
Bikes: 94FLSTN
63FLH

revtech pro clutch

Post by bangkokbob »

Hi all.
Anyone running the Revtech pro clutch on their Pan and what's it like?

I've got one coming and was told this is the way to go.
Simular to an EVO diaphragm clutch but better.

Cheers Rob. D.
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Re: revtech pro clutch

Post by caschnd1 »

Do you mean a Rivera Pro Clutch? I'm not aware of Revtech building a diaphram type clutch.

I've been running one of these on my panhead for about 2 years. Run them on other bikes previously. It will completely eliminate the issue with the clutch basket walking out and making the clutch drag. But you can also eliminate this problem with proper trans/engine alignment or by using a Clutch Tamer or Ramjett Retainer for a lot less money. I mainly went with the Pro Clutch because of arthritis in my hands. The pull is noticibly lighter than for a stock clutch w/ mousetrap eliminator. It gives a very solid hook-up too.

-Craig
olpanrider
Bikes: 1950 FLH
1962 FLH
1999 FLHTCUI

Post by olpanrider »

got one in my 50 and 62.. works perfect.
bangkokbob
63FLH

Post by bangkokbob »

Thanks guys,yes I meant Rivera. That's what I wanted to hear.
amiabledave
Bikes: 1957 Panhead, First HD was a 1969 Sporster w/factory mag,

Post by amiabledave »

It will completely eliminate the issue with the clutch basket walking out and making the clutch drag. But you can also eliminate this problem with proper trans/engine alignment or by using a Clutch Tamer or Ramjett Retainer for a lot less money
If you go to JP CYCLES on line, pt # 6300251 (clutch hub bearing kit) for $25 will do the samething. I threw away the 3 spring retainers and install 3 external C-clips.

I'm running a mouse trap and when the clutch is fully disengaged you can hold the hand lever all day long with your pinky.
Badassbrutus
Bikes: 1965 FL

Post by Badassbrutus »

I got the cheaper version from York exact copy of the PR clutch and Love it 2yrs on it now.
blewcrab
Bikes: 65FL and 2003 heritage

Post by blewcrab »

I can also testify that the York clutch is a great alternative to the Pro.. 3 years, 2500 miles, with sealed bearing that dosent need grease .
caschnd1

Post by caschnd1 »

I had never heard of the York clutch before this thread. Looks like an exact copy of the Rivera ProClutch. Much nicer price though.

-Craig
old.wrench
Bikes: '54 FL and a mini-bike

Post by old.wrench »

caschnd1 wrote:I had never heard of the York clutch before this thread. Looks like an exact copy of the Rivera ProClutch. Much nicer price though.

-Craig
Craig,
They've been around for a couple years now. It kinda looks like that's what happens when you take a Pro-Clutch to China or Taiwan and say "make me one just like this". :cry:

It is a nice price, but it bums me out.

Geo.
caschnd1

Post by caschnd1 »

Geo, agreed! Copying someone else's work is pretty low. I don't recall seeing any Patent info with my Rivera clutch when I bought it. I'll have to pull out the install instructions and see if there is anything listed.

-Craig
kickstartworker
Bikes: 61 duoglide, 79 shovelchopper

Post by kickstartworker »

I try to get American made parts if it is possible.
There is so many crap from China on the market which is not worth the money you have to pay for.
American Engineers are doing a lot of good work in designing proper parts for our bikes and smart salesmen went to Asia to copy these parts and make big money. I try to avoid putting Pingpong Parts into my OEM Pan or Shovel.
By the way I cant see the need to put one of these hightech clutches into a bike with about 60hp ore even a less more. The OEM clutches are working fine if they are properly adjusted and maintained and maybe added with a tamer.
jörg
bangkokbob
63FLH

Post by bangkokbob »

I trust Rivera and think the extra $ is less to worry about. That's why I'm putting a BDL on and a better clutch. Ebeyond 2000 ignition will be next mod for the twin point dissy.

If your going to ride a lot why not insert todays technology into 50 year old machinery. I'm keeping the old stuff in a big box marked upgraded.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

I think the clutch stuff you can buy today is GOOD-STUFF,But bangcokBob to get rid of HD singlfire Dual-Point Timer for a Beyond-2000,You really have to think that one over!--I mean Its a Factory single-fire set-up!/The 2000 Is not set-up for single-fire ,Atleast not the one I played with 2+ yrs. ago!.I just got a Dualpoint timer a few months ago & Its going in this winter!/I cant wait for that distinct single-fire Ta-plop,Ta-plop,ta-plop Idle you get without the wasted spark!.The BEST PART ,you get to Fine-Tune the Bike as your setting-up both cyl.-separately!----Just my 2 on it!---Think hard before you sell your dualpoint timer!,Thats all!---stay-Safe---RICHIE 8)
bangkokbob
63FLH

Post by bangkokbob »

Hi Richie. Ed makes a replacement for the dual point set-up which is $100 dearer than other models.It remains single-fire and you maintain 6 volt coils. I'm still thinking it over and I wouldn't sell anything that belongs to this bike. Just put in a box labelled -upgraded bits

58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

BangcokBob!---Ok Now I understand what yer doing 8) ,Yea Itll be a funbike to ride!,Just get the proper final-drive Ratio where it likes to live & you could be crusing at 70-75 without any issues!--Respectfully--RICHIE

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”