65eglide
Inactive member
Bikes: 65 fl
2000 ultra
98 sporty
98 heritage classic

65 clutch

Post by 65eglide »

After looking over the clutch setup, seems this was changed to a latter style..68 and on
I have 5 fiber and 4 steel discs, no spring disk
was wondering on the adjustment 67 and earlier calls for 31/32 , 67 and latter call for 1-1/32
I already had put everything backl together and couldn't come close to the pre 67 settings around 25/32 before the nut were at there furthest
point, Since the latter style clutch setup uses the longer springs to get the 1-1/32 measurement
measured the fiber disks and there all within specs on thickness.
just trying to see if i'm measuring this right
from the back of the spring collar to the front of the pressure plate, is this correct?
also what do they consider the the clutch release disk or does this even have one of those since the clutch was changed to the latter style
also the pressure plate looks also to be the latter style, looks nothing like anything i have in my books
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: 65 clutch

Post by RUBONE »

The pressure plate for '68 up is the same as the early one and carries the same part number as well as function. If your pressure plate is significantly different it is most likely aftermarket. The release disc IS the pressure plate. Where you are measuring is correct, backside of spring retainer to fron side of pressure plate, but if it is not stock the numbers won't work as specified. Is your pressure plate aluminum?
Robbie
65eglide
Inactive member
Bikes: 65 fl
2000 ultra
98 sporty
98 heritage classic

Re: 65 clutch

Post by 65eglide »

ok, thought were I was measuring was right, just wanted to be sure
and yes the plate is aluminum

looks like this one

I had started to adjust it as the kicker was slipping a little, guess it's just going to be trial and error

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”