Mousetrap eliminator questions

Fastlane
Bikes: 51fl
66 flh

Mousetrap eliminator questions

Post by Fastlane »

I am setting up my 51 with a foot shift but no mousetrap. I have a mousetrap elIminator kit but I think I may have the wrong one. The one I have is very close to the seat down tube and looks like it will interfere with the bottom of the horseshoe oil tank. Does anyone have a pic of there setup that they can show me the proper way it is suppose to go? Thanks.
cdndewey
Bikes: 42 WLC, 47 EL, 53 FLE, 62 FL, 78 FLH

Re: Mousetrap eliminator questions

Post by cdndewey »

That sounds like the correct set up, but they were originally used on square oil tanks and not horseshoe tanks. One thing to know about using a mousetrap eliminator is that you will need the clutch springs used on a 68 up. They are easier to pull, and went with the eliminator.
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Re: Mousetrap eliminator questions

Post by caschnd1 »

Here is my mouse trap eliminator bracket. It sits between the oil tank and the battery plate. I use a modified clutch release arm from a mousetrap eliminator kit. The lenght of the lever after the bend was shortend so it wasn't rubbing on the bottom of the battery plate.

For 8 years I used this setup with the stock footclutch springs. Yes, it makes for a hard pull on the clutch lever. In January I switched to a Rivera Pro Clutch with diaphram spring. What a difference! Easier pull and a very solid clutch.

-Craig

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”