RevTech gears

57pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

RevTech gears

Post by 57pan »

Has anyone had any experience with RevTech gears? I pulled my tranny apart and it looks like just about everything inside needs to be replace. The guy at my local shop says they have used the RevTech gear sets and have had good success with them. Just wondered if anyone here has used them.
55FL
Bikes: '55 fl

Re: RevTech gears

Post by 55FL »

I've run the Rev Tech close ratio gear set for about 7 years. No complaints about the gear set itself. Shifts smoothly ,no noise from gearbox but I don't like the close ratio. I miss my old third gear.

John
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Post by Jack_Hester »

I believe that there was a post earlier that said that RevTech components are Korean. I plan to search and confirm this info.

Jack

Update: Found that RevTech gears (marketed by Custom Chrome) are manufactured by a company called KDR, which is Korean. More info to come as I find it.
57pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by 57pan »

When I was at the local shop last Friday the guy had a brand new RevTech gear set that he was showing to me and it had a sticker on one of the gears that said "Made in Korea". (Which makes me feel more comfortable than if it said Taiwan... just haven't been impressed with anything Taiwan.)
I just gave him the "go-ahead" this morning to order the gear set. So we'll see how they work.
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

When I restored my old chopper last year I decided to replace the transmission. I'd been warned by the shop who opened up my OEM transmission that is might cost more to rebuild then to replace it. I chose a RevTech 4-speed. I was disappointed to find the "Made in Korea" tag on it when I opened the box, but it was my own fault for not researching it first. I have to say though, the transmission has performed well to this point. No complaints.
joe
Bikes: 1947 Indian Chief
1956 Harley FLH
1985 Harley FLH Shovelhead
1986 Heritage Softail

Post by joe »

I realize this post is quite old but was hoping for a long term update...do the Revtech gears work just fine?

Thanks

Joe
stump
Bikes: 50 fl 72 shovel 45wl 90 custom softail shoveloution dirt dragger

Post by stump »

ihate to admit it but i have a rev tech 4 speed in my 98 inch shovel race bike i've drag raced it dirt drag raced it showed it no mercy at all and its still together with zero problems but if you want quality usa made trans parts burt baker makes good stuff try bakerdrivetrain.com

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”