Kicker

haggis
Bikes: *

Kicker

Post by haggis »

Description: If i have the kicker cover off, tranny in gear and I rotate the rear wheel should the starter clutch and startergear on the end of the mainshaft rotate too!

OK, If i have the kicker cover off, tranny in gear and I rotate the rear wheel should the starter clutch and startergear on the end of the mainshaft rotate too!
feeling dumb as a "bag O wigs" Haggis.
Kuda

Re: Kicker

Post by Kuda »

Based on what I've been told when I had a similar problem, if the kicker cover is off, there's nothing to disengage the crank gears, so yes, it'll spin together...

-Kuda
haggis

Post by haggis »

Kuda,
thanks for the input! what trouble did you have and what did you find out! Haggis
Kuda

Post by Kuda »

Mine stemmed from a bad reproduction one peice kicker arm, all the tolerances were bad, wouldn't stand straight up, wouldn't pull the gear back far enough, etc. Tossed it and got a good OEM one, solved most of the problems. Since I haven't installed the trans yet (still waiting on my heads to be done before I put it all back together), I'm not even sure I have a problem, but right now the kicker doesn't want to return to upright without a little help. I just put in new kicker arm bushings, so maybe it just needs to loosen up with use. <shrug> We'll see, hopefully soon...

-Kuda
haggis

Post by haggis »

Kuda.....Dont tell me .. Tiawan Ted!
Got used to that situation when I built mine, dont think there was one part that didn't have to be tweeked to fit or work right.One of the brothers at the local shop said "thats why they're called a Custom...everything has to be custom fit"
Your kicker arm will probally jump right back once you have it installed on the bike and your getting your full weight on it. Good luck with it..keep us posted with the progress. Haggis

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”